Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

steviestevieneville

£8.6m for January ?

1 hour ago, bcfcchris2016 said:

The rest of the Jonathan Kodjia money ?? 

I assumed this was in relation to him buying shares back off people. 

Already mentioned elsewhere that this goes in favour of our FFP

26 minutes ago, Cardy said:

So it’s not Dwight Gayle then! Probably an incoming third division striker..!

There`s a bloke banging them in for Posh who they would probably want that much for. Mo something...…………………..

• Haha 2
  • Rovers 2

I’ve asked Kieran Maguire for clarification on his statement.  Owners can cover debt for FFP.  Owners can convert debt into shares to sort out the books, etc.

I think our finances (following 18/19’s accounts) are a bit healthier than I predicted, but I doubt it’s £8.6m extra in the pot...possibly more likely cashflow.

But i’m only guessing. @Mr Popodopolous, where are you!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve asked Kieran Maguire for clarification on his statement.  Owners can cover debt for FFP.  Owners can convert debt into shares to sort out the books, etc.

I think our finances (following 18/19’s accounts) are a bit healthier than I predicted, but I doubt it’s £8.6m extra in the pot...possibly more likely cashflow.

But i’m only guessing. @Mr Popodopolous, where are you!

The amount is rather precise, which implies it may well be for covering cash flow.

Anybody hoping we will be able to pay the £15m Newcastle are said to want for Gayle plus his reported £60k a week wages may be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There`s a bloke banging them in for Posh who they would probably want that much for. Mo something...…………………..

And that Matty Taylor is banging them in in league one too. Shame league one isn't the championship!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Toney's first name is Ivan I believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The amount is rather precise, which implies it may well be for covering cash flow.

Anybody hoping we will be able to pay the £15m Newcastle are said to want for Gayle plus his reported £60k a week wages may be disappointed.

That’s my thought too.  He has to put in equity of £8m to allow losses if £13m pa (rather than £5m).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

Sections 5.2/3 and Appx F

The £600k, is from down the sofa

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s my thought too.  He has to put in equity of £8m to allow losses if £13m pa (rather than £5m).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

Sections 5.2/3 and Appx F

The £600k, is from down the sofa

Didn't Steve do something similar at the end of the last financial year?

• Like 1

Yeah,  looks like the equity to take us to that £13m to me.

Quite important as without it, we could only lose £13m + £13m £5m + allowables as rolling figure to May 2020.

FFP,  cashflow anyway.

However our profit last season is surely added to the £13m + allowables?  In short,  decent leeway- I'd have thought the big window of opportunity for promotion would be this  or next season. A favourable time anyway.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Anyone paying £15m for a 30 year old who cannot do it in the prem must be mad, if you were to spend that sort of money then Bowen is the man to try and get

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Toney's first name is Ivan I believe.

I think he's Swiss.

fast_show_fosters_09.jpg.93cd12b3dc2bf136eaa16efcab63f273.jpg

Goal scoring in league 1 is like making love to a beautiful woman. You just have to get in the box and when you get a chance , poke it home. 

• Haha 10
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Gayle at the price newcastle want would be madness. plus high wages.  not played much recently due to injuries. keep well away. 

What about a loan though....then focus longer-term option in summer if Afobe doesn’t work out (hope it does).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Gayle at the price newcastle want would be madness. plus high wages.  not played much recently due to injuries. keep well away. 

Couldn’t disagree more - providing we were happy with the injury side of things.  

The stats show he is in a league of his own at this level. For the same money as the likes of Assambalonga and Kodjia he is proven to be literally almost twice as good. 

I don’t think we’ll sign him but in the current market he’s worth every penny of £15m and some more on top. 

17 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Didn’t see this anywhere else so thought I’d post it.

some more enlightened on here than me in respect to ffp . Funds for a striker perhaps ? 

Is it a Pilot scheme?

8 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Exactly. You know what they say, the first sign of Madness is Suggs knocking at your door.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Couldn’t disagree more - providing we were happy with the injury side of things.  

The stats show he is in a league of his own at this level. For the same money as the likes of Assambalonga and Kodjia he is proven to be literally almost twice as good. 

I don’t think we’ll sign him but in the current market he’s worth every penny of £15m and some more on top. 

Is it affordable/viable under FFP?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd be surprised if based on all the reports he's available on loan- but a lot can happen between now and January of course!

Loan would definitely be worth pursing IMO.

Newcastle moving up the table could perhaps increase the chance of a loan move, less risk of Newcastle going down, less need for him in changing a settled side may increase interest in just getting his wages off the books for 6 months/loan fee

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it affordable/viable under FFP?

I have no idea mate! I just can’t agree with the ‘not worth the price’ line. If anything he’s undervalued at £15m IMO. 

To be clear, I don’t for a minute think we’ll be in for him on a permanent basis. 

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

Newcastle moving up the table could perhaps increase the chance of a loan move, less risk of Newcastle going down, less need for him in changing a settled side may increase interest in just getting his wages off the books for 6 months/loan fee

Possibly.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I have no idea mate! I just can’t agree with the ‘not worth the price’ line. If anything he’s undervalued at £15m IMO. 

To be clear, I don’t for a minute think we’ll be in for him on a permanent basis. 

Yeah, agreed- he is worth it- the injury history of this season a bit of a reservation for me IMO but that notwithstanding, certainly seems a solid ie reasonable price.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Anyone paying £15m for a 30 year old who cannot do it in the prem must be mad, if you were to spend that sort of money then Bowen is the man to try and get

Gayle has scored over 30 goals in around 100 premier league games for Palace and Newcastle - not too shabby in sides that haven’t exactly set the premier league alight in recent times? Bit harsh to say he cannot do it in the prem ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Gayle has scored over 30 goals in around 100 premier league games for Palace and Newcastle - not too shabby in sides that haven’t exactly set the premier league alight in recent times? Bit harsh to say he cannot do it in the prem ...

Surprised he scored that many to be honest 15 mil still a lot to pay for a 30 year old, well proven at this level though but no chance of getting the 15 mil back,