IGNORED

everton manager sacked

Never to the dark side

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It does make me laugh that on Skybet next permanent manager for both Everton and Watford going down to 150/1 doesn't include LJ  but includes a right load of old crap too humorous to mention !

Ive been thinking this for a while now, with Championship, lower Prem jobs. Is it because other clubs think LJ is a crap manager, or is it simply that they know the set up we have here, with his relationship with SL and that he wouldnt leave, so not even worth trying ?

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It does make me laugh that on Skybet next permanent manager for both Everton and Watford going down to 150/1 doesn't include LJ  but includes a right load of old crap too humorous to mention !

Took a quick look- most, not all, but most have been proven at a higher level or more experienced than LJ tbh.

Some odd candidates on each too however- would've thought LJ would be ahead of some of those in the pecking order!

Can only see it down to 100/1 for Everton and 66/1 for Watford tho.

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Vitor Pereira.

No, me neither.

Not saying you are but...

English football can be a bit insular in places tbh, despite being a global League in many ways. Posts like this an interesting example.

Like people who suggested Flores was an unknown- yet probably laud Moyes. Moyes record in Spain anyone...? People don't usually mention the latter though.

Who has won more trophies Flores v Moyes- and I don't mean one side Leagues like Greece?

I know Everton have had League, cup and European success since, but in 1980 it was between them and City for the last relegation place. Everton's win over Soton was the result that relegated City.

With that anniversary approaching it would (too me) be pleasing as well as ironic if the two clubs switch divisions at the end this this season.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t know if that’s true or not about him supporting Everton but wouldn’t surprise me because Bournemouth were tosh when he was a youngster

So were Bristol City when I were a lad.  Still support them though.  Job for @Chivs

Archived