IGNORED

FA Cup 3rd Bristol City Vs Shrewsbury

Never to the dark side

57 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not me! The magic of the Cup is to see footballing minnows play the big teams with the hope of a giant killing, especially in the early rounds. Instead we get all Premier ties, including no doubt another totally boring and one sided scouse derby and surprise, surprise Leeds yet again. Its a disgrace. These clubs don't need the TV revenue that clubs further down the pyramid do. Once again football and the paying public have been short changed by the media. 

I'd like to see the 3rd round seeded so prem clubs cant play each other. 

50 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

People want to watch them. I'm all for the magic of the cup and all that, but if those games weren't on, the public would want to know why.

They got to see Wolves v Man Utd on a Monday night back in August. Proper squads then not second rate as you often see in the cups.

You can be pretty sure that, as the Shrewsbury game is being shown live outside the UK, it will be streamed live on hesgoal and other streaming sites.  Although I am a season card holder, I am not particularly bothered with the early stages of the FA Cup (having said that if we had one of the top Prem teams at home I would bother!), so the early kick off on a Saturday with the choice of watching it on my laptop has given me a decision to make! Probably give this one a miss.

On 07/12/2019 at 11:51, New Dazzler said:

You can be pretty sure that, as the Shrewsbury game is being shown live outside the UK, it will be streamed live on hesgoal and other streaming sites.  Although I am a season card holder, I am not particularly bothered with the early stages of the FA Cup (having said that if we had one of the top Prem teams at home I would bother!), so the early kick off on a Saturday with the choice of watching it on my laptop has given me a decision to make! Probably give this one a miss.

Hi guys, Shrews fan here in peace, sadly I can’t make the game due to a chest infection but I believe close to 1000 Salop pans are making the trip down the M5. Anyone like me looking to watch from comfort of own home can stream the match “legally” via the Bet365 site or app as long as you have an account with credit or having placed a bet in the previous 24 hours. Good luck in the championship this year fellas and hope the results improve (except for Saturday obviously) ??

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:46, Paul B said:

Hi guys, Shrews fan here in peace, sadly I can’t make the game due to a chest infection but I believe close to 1000 Salop pans are making the trip down the M5. Anyone like me looking to watch from comfort of own home can stream the match “legally” via the Bet365 site or app as long as you have an account with credit or having placed a bet in the previous 24 hours. Good luck in the championship this year fellas and hope the results improve (except for Saturday obviously) ??

I am not a betting man, but if I was I would lump some money on the Shrews winning this one.  Although we are only a few points off the play-offs, the wheels have come off in the last 3 weeks, losing 5 out of 6 and the only win being a 3-0 thrashing of a very poor Luton side last Sunday.  We have overcome bad (worse than this)  runs before, but there just seems to be a very negative vibe around the club at the moment, the body language of the players has suddenly gone from really good (we were 4th only a few weeks ago after beating Fulham at Craven Cottage) to appalling when we lost 0-4 to Brentford on New Years Day.  

Lee Johnson is, not for the first time, looking out of his depth in his lack of ability to handle unhappy players who get dropped to the bench, and then dropped from the squad, and we now have what seems like an annual call for a new Head Coach.

Add to that he has no history of being able to galvanise a squad going through a bad run in the league to suddenly get it right in the cup, whatever team he selects.  In fact it is usually the opposite, their is a tendency for the players to go missing as they may see this as a game where the pressure is off, even though LJ has called for a "siege mentality", this is usually a pre-cursor to some kind of implosion..

Anyway, enjoy the game whatever happens, and hope you get better soon.

Cheers.

On 02/01/2020 at 13:46, Paul B said:

Hi guys, Shrews fan here in peace, sadly I can’t make the game due to a chest infection but I believe close to 1000 Salop pans are making the trip down the M5. Anyone like me looking to watch from comfort of own home can stream the match “legally” via the Bet365 site or app as long as you have an account with credit or having placed a bet in the previous 24 hours. Good luck in the championship this year fellas and hope the results improve (except for Saturday obviously) ??

We could be in for a panning.

On 02/01/2020 at 13:46, Paul B said:

What’s your opinion of Max O’Leary?

And Scott Golbourne?

If we cannot beat Shrews at home we dont deserve to be in this div and LJ should get his cards at the end of the game; however many box entries we make. None of this they wanted it more, we were tired, strayed from the game plan, fine lines, go again shite.....SMASH THEM. Wake the hell up F.F.S

Just looked up shrews average attendance and it is averaging out at 5,350 per home game. If there is 1,000 of them traveling to Ashton gate today then this is a great effort as this is 20% of their usual attendance at home. I hope they have a very good day travel safe, like the stadium at Ashton gate but go home with a loss.

Archived