IGNORED

Best Christmas Song?

CyderInACan

Best selling Xmas song of all time is ‘I’m dreaming of a white Christmas’. Bing Crosby - released in 1942 for the benefit of American troops fighting in the war.

Even today it competes well with more modern Xmas songs in terms of downloads and sales.

8 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

In no particular order;

Christmas Rapping - The Waitresses

Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Bruce Springsteen

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day - Wizzard

Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues

I don`t consider Christmas has started until I`ve heard all five.

All of the above. 

I would just add to that list Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by the Darkness, which I heard on the radio today. 

Oh, and Jona Lewie's Stop The Cavalry. More an anti war song than a Christmas song, that one though. 

Anyway, it's all bollocks innit. 

21 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Got to be this one for me 

You scumbag, you maggot you cheap lousy...  Why did you have to bring this one up?,.. :laugh:

(love it really, but it tends to get so very overplayed ... -which to be fair isn't the songs fault)

Another I like a lot, is Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews version of Baby Its Cold Outside.

(albeit not strictly a Christmas song I guess) slightly dubious intentions too but great at this time of year.

On 06/12/2019 at 21:04, WhistleHappy said:

No mention of

George Michael's  'Last Christmas'

yet.. it ain't half bad, is it?

I also loved his December Song. That's absolutely beautiful. 

I love the vast majority of Christmas songs. Sleigh Ride by the Ronettes gets blasted out by me first thing every Christmas morning

I appreciate that it is not a popular favourite but Jonny Mathis - when a child is born is a poignant  Christams song for me. My first daughter was born just before Christmas day and I took her home on Christmas morning. It I seems that whenever I hear it I seem to get something in my eye :sad26:

Archived