IGNORED

Eliasson Vs Bryan

P'head Red

I remmeber a couple of years ago not too long after eliasson first arrived LJ stated that he was one of the only players he knew that could breeze by Bryan with ease. Hopefully this aids his selection today, I really feel he's earned his place in the starting 11 and can see an end to end game with goals at both ends. 

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

If he does start there's a good chance it will be Brownhill on the right and NE left. Although LJ does seem to like him to switch wings during a game. Hope LJ keeps him in.

I think he may revert to three centre backs again - which has had a lot of success away from home tbf.

And squeeze in Smith at the expense of Massengo which, if so, would be a big mistake imo.

I hope he sticks with the same front six as per Huddersfield but I have my doubts.

Joe knows Nic's strengths and weaknesses and Nic knows Joe's.  It should be an intriguing encounter.

I'm looking forward to it and I bet those two are as well. Hope Nic comes out best of course.

Looks like Bobby Reid may not be fit though and although I would like to see him play, he is not an easy player to play against, so his absence could be to our advantage.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think he may revert to three centre backs again - which has had a lot of success away from home tbf.

And squeeze in Smith at the expense of Massengo which, if so, would be a big mistake imo.

I hope he sticks with the same front six as per Huddersfield but I have my doubts.

I would have to stick with the 442 we played against Huddersfield last week to be honest.

I imagine Brownhill will be that side, and Weimann will be up front but making runs out wide right into the space left by Bryan being so far forward. 

Eliasson will cause Odoi problems on the other side like he does any full back in this division.

22 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unless there are injuries that we are unaware of why would LJ change the starting 11 who  delivered probably the best performance of the season so far against the Terriers?

Any of that 11 who gets left would surely fee aggrieved and the last thing any manager wants is unhappy players.......

I’d go with the same 11 with Smith on the bench.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unless there are injuries that we are unaware of why would LJ change the starting 11 who  delivered probably the best performance of the season so far against the Terriers?

Any of that 11 who gets left would surely fee aggrieved and the last thing any manager wants is unhappy players.......

I’d go with the same 11 with Smith on the bench.

I agree with you and this game will show how good we really are not sitting back. Predicting a 2-4 loss.

but..

COYR

52 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If he does start there's a good chance it will be Brownhill on the right and NE left. Although LJ does seem to like him to switch wings during a game. Hope LJ keeps him in.

⬇️

52 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Or Elliason versus Odoi, more likely 

I hope so.  I think he’s more of a threat on the left in open play.

25 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

With their keeper's reputation for not being so good under the high ball Nic is an obvious selection today..

They've recently dropped Bettenelli for Rodak who I was always really impressed with at Rotherham, sounds like he's stepped up to the mark as well.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would have to stick with the 442 we played against Huddersfield last week to be honest.

Definitely for home games. I would be a bit worried about being too open for away games.

Our away results have been great so far, apart from a couple of sub-par performances. If LJ goes back to the 3-at-the-back which has delivered those results I wouldn't complain.

On 07/12/2019 at 21:27, Hare Island said:

Niclas has now proved he can perform home and away against any team in the league. Keep him in the team Lee. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Sandberg or Prahl in the stands keeping tabs on Tuesday.

The big question has not been Nic’s ability, but whether his style can be a positive effect on the team, i.e. outweighing any negative impact he has on the team system.

The last two games in what I see as a 442 with the ball, but Weimann dropping in without it (lop-sided 4231) seems to give Eliasson the opportunity to start games.

I think that question is being answered, and it’s exciting to think about.  All of a sudden, we look like our players have attacking purpose, but solidity too.  Can’t wait for Tuesday, even though it’s gonna be a really tough match.

Archived