IGNORED

Flares at Fulham

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Wrong. I and others have no issue about complying with full and proper security checks (as we last experienced at Man City.) We've every issue with the pointless shambles that's undertaken at AG where only some are requested for checks, those who refuse recieve no sanction, where the provision of detection equipment might as well consist of an Ouija Board and where training for the feckless stewards is somewhere south of minimal. If you attempted to board a plane and were subject to searches whilst the queue opposite were not you'd rightly complain. AG is no different.

21 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Wrong. That might be what you’ve complained about, but others have complained about being asked to open their coats. 

Technically, by the letter etc.

IF a search refused by a fan, then said same fan can be refused entry. Fact. Be it coat open or a patdown. Says this on the club charter, save for specification of search procedure- club charter I suspect is standard across clubs.

I suspect it's not just terrorist related stuff that is being looked for. Also likely pyors- flares, smoke bombs, smoke devices whatever type I guess, alcohol, cans of whatever type, glass bottles...prohibited items basically.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I suspect it's not just terrorist related stuff that is being looked for. Also likely pyors- flares, smoke bombs, smoke devices whatever type I guess, alcohol, cans of whatever type, glass bottles...

. . . hip flasks of cough mixture, that sort of stuff 

8 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Just back from this game tonight - I'm happy to report no-one died, in fact, I don't think there was even a single shortness of breath. I realize that doesn't fit the general narrative of this thread :( 

DSC_0333.JPG

That black smoke (to the right) looks nasty.

No wonder no one is in the blocks either side - I really wouldn't like to be in that tbh. It looks horrific.

Your welcome to that mate.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

That black smoke (to the right) looks nasty.

No wonder no one is in the blocks either side - I really wouldn't like to be in that tbh. It looks horrific.

Your welcome to that mate.

the gaps to the side are segregation. Realize it's not everyone's cup of tea the continental way of doing things, but the point I'm trying to make is that there feels like a real element of panic mongering when we have threads about one sodding flare. No doubt i'll get torn a new one in a moment by the usual suspects on here but that really is the truth - no-one got hurt in the making of this picture! 

(sits back with pint and awaits the flak forthcoming)  

16 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

Do you even know what political correctness is? If so, how in the hell has that got anything to do with flares?

Reading the thread there is a moral outrage present, but it is also clear that theme is not present throughout all views. Some will be indifferent. Some fans clearly like pyrotechnics - Hundreds of fans at the flag day do not share this pyro is bad correct view. 

7 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

the gaps to the side are segregation. Realize it's not everyone's cup of tea the continental way of doing things, but the point I'm trying to make is that there feels like a real element of panic mongering when we have threads about one sodding flare. No doubt i'll get torn a new one in a moment by the usual suspects on here but that really is the truth - no-one got hurt in the making of this picture! 

Legal there. Not legal here.

Can’t make it any simpler for you.

Was this little boy panic mongering about one sodding flare?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6923229/Young-Chelsea-supporter-left-needing-aid-treatment-Liverpool-fans-threw-smoke-bomb.html

I’ll bite - the difference is everyone there will know that there’ll be flares and pyros so I doubt people with asthma etc would attend. 

Just now, Up The City! said:

nice one, bring out the Daily Mail to support your cause :D not like them to make a story about red eyes and a cough. Oh wait... 

1 minute ago, poland_exile said:

well you can start by getting your facts right because you are talking totally out of your arse :D No it's not legal, can I make it any simpler for you? 

Well in which case they’re more ******* stupid than I thought.

4 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I'd encourage you to attend a match and draw your conclusions then. Maybe you'd stick to your guns, fair play, but then again maybe not. 

I was there on Saturday and I can say that:

A) the flare added nothing to the atmosphere, in fact in many respects detracted from it.

B) the flare stank and caused a couple of people around it to cough quite severely, now imagine if they’d had asthma or another lung condition that may have required first aid?

C) the guy got kicked out, missed a great game and will probably miss many more because of it, absolutely pointless reason to miss football imo. 

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I’ll bite - the difference is everyone there will know that there’ll be flares and pyros so I doubt people with asthma etc would attend. 

I don't see that as a bite, I see that as a perfectly sensible query to raise. From my experience, and I am a self-confessed storm-chaser when it comes to 'edgy' matches in Central Eastern Europe, one thing I'm convinced about is that if anything, the tifo shows and suchlike are a major drawer and part of the theater of football. It was common knowledge both teams were putting on a big 'show' today, and when the game was invariably held up for 20 mins or so, did people retreat into the safety of corporate or the canteens. No way! It was the biggest gate the home side has had for years, and the kids around me were in awe of what was going on - as all were. Frankly, the atmosphere was wonderful, and far better than the football! 

3 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I don't see that as a bite, I see that as a perfectly sensible query to raise. From my experience, and I am a self-confessed storm-chaser when it comes to 'edgy' matches in Central Eastern Europe, one thing I'm convinced about is that if anything, the tifo shows and suchlike are a major drawer and part of the theater of football. It was common knowledge both teams were putting on a big 'show' today, and when the game was invariably held up for 20 mins or so, did people retreat into the safety of corporate or the canteens. No way! It was the biggest gate the home side has had for years, and the kids around me were in awe of what was going on - as all were. Frankly, the atmosphere was wonderful, and far better than the football! 

Fair point - I think the tifos are great and would love to see stuff like that at Ashton Gate! Pyros and flares are more part of the culture in Eastern Europe than here though so I doubt fans who have breathing difficulties would sit near the ultras whereas at away games in England you haven’t got a choice as to where you go.

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A) the flare added nothing to the atmosphere, in fact in many respects detracted from it.

B) the flare stank and caused a couple of people around it to cough quite severely, now imagine if they’d had asthma or another lung condition that may have required first aid?

C) the guy got kicked out, missed a great game and will probably miss many more because of it, absolutely pointless reason to miss football imo. 

Fair enough, and I appreciate the measured response. I was sticking my head above the parapet as I acknowledged with my post. Exiting the convo with a tip of the hat to you. The two sides of the divide are not going to build a bridge to cross the issue. 

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Fans always go on about how great the atmosphere was in the 70s and 80s and fans didn’t have to resort to using pyros then! You can create a great atmosphere just with loud as **** chanting without risking other fans lives with flares if they have breathing conditions just to look hard! Use your brain ffs! 

Some of them don't have a brain!

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

I'd encourage you to attend a match and draw your conclusions then. Maybe you'd stick to your guns, fair play, but then again maybe not. 

I draw my conclusions from the fact it’s illegal.  That’s the only position I can hold.  And flares at football matches isn’t really important enough to start a revolution over.

I want safe standing in the UK, and be able to have a cider in view of the pitch.  The illegal pyro shit, for nothing, is an excuse for politicians not to address these issues.

If people want pyro then fine, campaign for it to be legal, but don’t **** up our chances of getting what the majority want  rather than the minority.

Also the difference here is that the pyro blokes haven’t got the balls to hold it like they do abroad so it’s lit and lobbed within a couple of seconds, not bright. Completely different to the photo you posted.

I hope you realise I’m not totally against the ‘idea’ of it but a random, with **** knows what, setting one off and throwing it into a packed crowd is ******* out of order.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I draw my conclusions from the fact it’s illegal.  That’s the only position I can hold.  And flares at football matches isn’t really important enough to start a revolution over.

I want safe standing in the UK, and be able to have a cider in view of the pitch.  The illegal pyro shit, for nothing, is an excuse for politicians not to address these issues.

If people want pyro then fine, campaign for it to be legal, but don’t **** up our chances of getting what the majority want  rather than the minority.

Also difference here is that the pyro blokes haven’t got the balls to hold it like they do abroad so it’s lit and lobbed within a couple of seconds.  Completely different to the photo you posted.

Fair play Rum, I've run out of likes for the day so please take this response as one instead. 

3 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Fair play Rum, I've run out of likes for the day so please take this response as one instead. 

Thanks, I hope you understand my position.  I have edited my last post too so I hope my argument is a little better presented.

There are more swear words though!

54 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I can confirm that one of the blokes that was right next to him does have quite bad asthma and he has no problems with it whatsoever. 

Archived