IGNORED

Flares at Fulham

CyderInACan

23 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Whats this got to do with this so called S82? Why would it make that area inaccessible? 

Not that I find it in proportion, but correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all the flares/pyro/whatever type used in recent years, the last few at least in home areas at AG come in that area?

At the very least, I'd have thought enhanced searching is possible for a bit. Certainly any talk of closure or suspension or reduction or anything is well and truly OTT.

but correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all the flares/pyro/whatever type used in recent years, the last few at least in home areas at AG come in that area?  correct me if I am wrong but v Swansea a handful got lively from the Dolman and ?? perspective. section 82 is small group of well meaning fans in the singing area. lots of nonsense on here. lot of competing for the moral high ground. 

I agree, any risk to the area would be disproportionate and unwarranted. Just factually though, a few flares or similar have been let off in that area in recent years.

Now it's interesting that you should mention the Swansea game as I have read online that groups migrated from Singing area which perhaps helped to push it up the level.- I know, that s82 is in the Singing Area but the Singing Area isn't all s82.

Going over old ground anyway, no reason to punish majority for sins of a tiny minority...besides which those who let off flare weren't linked to that area Saturday anyway, as per the post by @JulieH .

My guess is that simply for a while, there would be no more than stronger search regimes. Singing section is a good thing anyway!

4 hours ago, Stoourt said:

I was stood directly behind the smoke bomb. Wasn't pleasant - coughed half my lung up! We were so packed in, there was no way to escape it. The bloke that got ejected had a very distinctive hat on - quite how he thought he'd get away with it is beyond me

Caught on CCTV, distinctive hat, north bristol accent

gasbag.jpg

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Some of those who are shall we say the more gungho pro Pyro would do well to at least have a look at this article.

Understand that I'm not fully against it incidentally but if it can get a club in trouble- especially beyond fines- then it's best avoided!

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some of those who are shall we say the more gungho pro Pyro would do well to at least have a look at this article.

Understand that I'm not fully against it incidentally but if it can get a club in trouble- especially beyond fines- then it's best avoided!

The lesser incidents could probably attract more attention now because of these.

• Admin

It may sound daft but I can't believe there isn't a company out there that has designed something by now that passes HSE tests?

Disco's etc have smoke machines so they must pass HSE regs, so just add colour to the same thing?

I wonder what regs the club has to pass to have those massive fire displays that they use along the touchline of the Lansdown stand? I would assume the teams on the pitch are warned about them?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It may sound daft but I can't believe there isn't a company out there that has designed something by now that passes HSE tests?

Disco's etc have smoke machines so they must pass HSE regs, so just add colour to the same thing?

I wonder what regs the club has to pass to have those massive fire displays that they use along the touchline of the Lansdown stand? I would assume the teams on the pitch are warned about them?

Presumably the people operating them have to be suitably qualified.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

The better ones have coloured LED lights incorporated into them which light up the smoke.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

There are plenty of safe smoke machines but they usually need a mains power supply and operate at about 400w. I wouldn’t be happy if some looney managed to operate a smoke machine in front of me and then I couldn’t see the pitch so missed a goal. Strange as it may seem, I go to football to watch the match, not sit in a fog trying to guess what’s happening on the pitch. 

21 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are plenty of safe smoke machines but they usually need a mains power supply and operate at about 400w. I wouldn’t be happy if some looney managed to operate a smoke machine in front of me and then I couldn’t see the pitch so missed a goal. Strange as it may seem, I go to football to watch the match, not sit in a fog trying to guess what’s happening on the pitch. 

Archived