IGNORED

Fulham forums

ZiderEyed

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

True.

But they did once have George Best, Rodney Marsh, Alan Mullery, and Bobby Moore play for them in the mid-late 70s. 

One season, 76/77. They finished 17th, two places below Few Rovers, scoring one more goal than Smashie and Grabbie and co. Utterly hopeless comedy pantomime/"showbiz" football. Best tackling his team mate Marsh being a standout moment; if you like that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

EMBARRASSED FOR THEM 61 people have signed it! LMFAO!

I thought he had a very good game personally! They are just fed up because they lost to us at home AGAIN!

For the pen i kept replaying it and Odowda seem not to make any attempt to do anything and the forward hit his leg after changing his direction slightly. The guy tried to buy the penalty but the ref wasn’t sold end of...Mind you if that had been Weimann going down I would have said stone cold penalty...?

40 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I might sign it as he didn't hand out enough yellows to them or send any of their players off.

Agreed.

That Knockeart (whatever) was luck to have just the one yellow. He was at it all the game.

He twice lashed out in a punching motion, both times at Eliasson including an attempted kick at him as well.

Cairney was lucky to just get one yellow in the penalty incident where he got booked then gave the ref another mouthful as he walked away - should have got another yellow. 

They don't like it up 'em.

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He twice lashed out in a punching motion, both times at Eliasson including an attempted kick at him as well.

I think he did actually connect and kick him, was reckless and even though he did get booked for it a few refs would have gave him a red I reckon (even though I do think a red for that would be harsh). Any footballers love playing against players like that (mitrovic the same) as he is a liability. On the home game just go straight for him and wind him right up imo from the kick off.

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh wooden rattles old school football,  think 1950s maybe. From a certain era though.

These seem to be clappers! Worse,  much worse!!

The original rattles were those used by the Home Guard to make people aware of danger in bombing raids in WW2.

They were very heavy and made a helluva noise. Then much lighter ones although made of wood were sold in sports shops. It hurt if one caught you and really were quite lethal. Disappeared around early sixties as far as I can remember.

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/12/8/21001287/cottage-talk-post-match-show-fulham-vs-bristol-city

listened to this. 

all the Fulham fans said City outplayed them. 

one guy says not a pen one says they are normally given another says there was contact so therefore a pen....Football is still a contact sport right?....if contact was automatically a foul WBA would finish the game with four men every week

anyway regardless they are complimentary about us  

oh and the referee was a ***. I thought he was decent, but hey ho!

On 07/12/2019 at 23:16, robin_unreliant said:

COD put his hands up but seemed to catch the back of the bloke's legs with his boots. Although  it looked a nailed on pen to me from the TV pictures the ref had a much better view. Maybe he got it right?

Suppose the penalty had been given, there's a good chance Bents would have saved it given the form he's in at present

15 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The original rattles were those used by the Home Guard to make people aware of danger in bombing raids in WW2.

They were very heavy and made a helluva noise. Then much lighter ones although made of wood were sold in sports shops. It hurt if one caught you and really were quite lethal. Disappeared around early sixties as far as I can remember.

Actually in WWI, to warn of poison gas attack in the trenches, and used before that by the police instead of a whistle

I happened to look them up on Wikipedia yesterday

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

I bet Simpson was nowhere near as hopeless Trevor Kettle.........:facepalm:

He’s the worst ref I can remember seeing at AG - twice! and crap both times.

:shocking:.......I just found him on the FIFA list of international referees.........jeez..........

Kettle is bad, granted, but come on RR.....  You're old enough...you must remember Lester Shapter, Vic Callow and Gurnam Singh, surely?!?  Compared to those three he's bloody amazing!

16 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Kettle is bad, granted, but come on RR.....  You're old enough...you must remember Lester Shapter, Vic Callow and Gurnam Singh, surely?!?  Compared to those three he's bloody amazing!

Now that you mention them........ :facepalm: I guess time diminishes the memory over time.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

6 yellows for Fulham - they'll be up before the beak for that.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they get done for their players surrounding the referee after the penalty incident.

What was shocking was that the ref lost control of the match though Fulham’s misbehaviour .

Their manhandling of Famaral could have caused injuries to him or themselves.

There was also the Hunt incident ( :laughcont: ) as he strolled off .

Fulham should be charged for failure to control their players.

12 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't know why Hunt was booked when it was the Fulham player who started the fracas by shoving him off the pitch. 

Timewasting perhaps ? 

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

6 yellows for Fulham - they'll be up before the beak for that.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they get done for their players surrounding the referee after the penalty incident.

How did Cairney stay on the pitch after he was booked. I don't know what he "screamed" at the referee, but it shouldn't matter what words were used, that action should have been enough. The referee looks like he is considering it here.

image.png.1bb870fa0925afb12634a828d58b066d.png

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What was shocking was that the ref lost control of the match though Fulham’s misbehaviour .

Their manhandling of Famaral could have caused injuries to him or themselves.

There was also the Hunt incident ( :laughcont: ) as he strolled off .

Fulham should be charged for failure to control their players.

Timewasting perhaps ? 

possibly but the Fulham players were aggressive and showing dissent :punish:

He wasn't even that slow in walking off, the Fulham players ended up wasting more time by getting arsey :pacifier:

I didn't think it was a penalty; What I find interesting is the comments made by Cairney, their captain in saying that he could see what was about to happen in that he could see the clip occurring. How would you know that unless of course simulation was involved.

I find it quite hilarious that he of all people got booked by the ref.

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

I didn't think it was a penalty; What I find interesting is the comments made by Cairney, their captain in saying that he could see what was about to happen in that he could see the clip occurring. How would you know that unless of course simulation was involved.

I find it quite hilarious that he of all people got booked by the ref.

The only thing that makes it look bad to my mind is, where is CO'D going? He doesn't appear to be chasing the player or trying to get between him and the goal, he would have been better off staying out to the edge of the box once he was taken out of the game with the pass. I think there is a clip, but the referee is closer than the camera, so presumably there is no contact. If he had booked the player for diving he would have made his life easier in some ways, because it would have made it clear he thought there was no contact. As he left it, it looks like there was contact but not enough to get a penalty, which is a grey area to say the least.

I'd be screaming penalty if it happened against us down the gate and at first watch I thought it was as clear a penalty as you can get.

After watching it a few times, I think the ref made a very good call in tough circumstances. You can see their attacker slowing down and moving in COD's direction rather than charging towards goal with the ball. He knew exactly what he was doing and the ref didn't buy it. Simple as that. 

All in all, it's a lot of fuss over a penalty that Bentley probably would have saved anyway.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The only thing that makes it look bad to my mind is, where is CO'D going? He doesn't appear to be chasing the player or trying to get between him and the goal, he would have been better off staying out to the edge of the box once he was taken out of the game with the pass. I think there is a clip, but the referee is closer than the camera, so presumably there is no contact. If he had booked the player for diving he would have made his life easier in some ways, because it would have made it clear he thought there was no contact. As he left it, it looks like there was contact but not enough to get a penalty, which is a grey area to say the least.

I think you are right about that being a grey area. The Fulham fans around me made the point over and over that he either dived or there was contact. I could not really argue too hard with my red socks on and as they all stand up for any action on the other side behind the goal, I could not see the incident at all. 

But accidental contact or light contact as players are moving in different directions doesn’t mean it’s a foul - although usually given in the box. Moreover going down after light contact is so normal now you could excuse the ref for accepting it wasn’t a no contact dive but not a foul either so not a bad enough “tumble” to be trying to fool the ref and thereby no booking. I like this approach but have to admit it is rare and grey and quite a thin line between the two.

Great game from what I could see. Will watch this one back  for the full 90 mins

Archived