IGNORED

Fulham forums

ZiderEyed

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They are still paying PL contracts which is why parachute payments were introduced in the first place.

Normal practice is for contracts to include a substantial pay cut when a club is relegated. Though they may well have made an exception for the likes of Mitrovic and might be paying Knockaert 's full Brighton wage perhaps.

Nevertheless the Fulham fan was right, in wage terms LJ is on a shoestring budget compared to Parker.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shame they showed us zero respect though literally dragging our subs off the field at one point  :laugh:. Oh, well I'm sure they'll get over losing to Bristol City, it must be hard.

Easy to understand the frustration, we've all been there. We saw the game out perfectly.

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Like Forest last night in the first half they thought they only had to turn up to win. The likes of Knockaert and Mitrovic have massive egos and really don't take well to being outplayed.

Never liked Knockaert. Ever since he fell over for that penalty for Leicester against Watford ( play off semi final ) when it was then missed and they scored up the other end by Troy deeney . Brilliant sky sports Coverage and loved seeing him realised he’d screwed it up .. 

18 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shame they showed us zero respect though literally dragging our subs off the field at one point  :laugh:. Oh, well I'm sure they'll get over losing to Bristol City, it must be hard.

They're getting used to it hence the bitterness on their forum

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

They are still paying PL contracts which is why parachute payments were introduced in the first place.

Generally player wages come down on relegation,  it's built into the contracts.

The issue is and especially last 10-20 years,  is that the gap has grown so big that even with say 1/3-50% reductions, parachute payments still necessary in most cases.  Don't think you could really get away with more than that range.

How it's implemented, well that's a whole different issue and lots of shortcomings there for sure!

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A couple on there are having a go at Knockeart for kicking Niclas to be fair.

Knockaert is the ideal player to face IF you are leading in the game, and a nightmare if you are losing. Ideal because although being clearly talented, the guy easily loses it when things aren't going his way. A red card waiting to happen, total liability etc... should have walked today for the Eliasson kick out

I loved today, and I loved seeing him rattled especially. Him and ol' my face hurts Mitrovic and even he's one of our own Joey at one point haha (no offense Joe, we love you at BCFC) but seriously he was  :laugh:

Loved today, well done everyone at BCFC for a great day

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Like Warnocks teams always did and pissed everyone,

**like it or not you have to play with the tools you got,

if I was them I would worry about a forward who earns over 40 grand a week looking like a novice against our back line 

**pretty sure they do... - Cockney W**k*rs !

Not many teams will go to the Cottage and create a goal where the opposition striker is literally stood on the goal-line on his own with no-one within 7 or 8 yds for the world's simplest tap in.....we created that today. Fulham should be embarrassed by that.

Cockney t**ts.

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

Not many teams will go to the Cottage and create a goal where the opposition striker is literally stood on the goal-line on his own with no-one within 7 or 8 yds for the world's simplest tap in.....we created that today. Fulham should be embarrassed by that.

Cockney *****.

****, i so wish Fammy had've gotten on his knees and claimed a headed goal today (a la Chrissy Garland v Gas). Shame on you Famara!  :laugh:

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If it was a penalty, why did the ref not give it?  He seemed to see it clearly enough.

Perhaps it was because the Fulham player made such a big deal out of a slight touch?

I have to say it looked like a pen to me and I've watched it about 6 times 

I've looked at it several times and I'm NOT convinced it was a pen. Of course we've all seen them given, but my two penn'orth is that I think he dives, COD has his arms raised away from the guy just before the "contact" as if he knew the bloke was going to do one.

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I've looked at it several times and I'm NOT convinced it was a pen. Of course we've all seen them given, but my two penn'orth is that I think he dives, COD has his arms raised away from the guy just before the "contact" as if he knew the bloke was going to do one.

Completely agree slarti.

To me it looked like one of those "penalty issues" where the striker sees the opportunity  to make contact with the defender and then, as you say, makes the most with a spectacular dive. 

In fairness, if it was at AG and we were fighting back from 2 down in stoppage time, we'd all be screaming for a penalty as well!

Williams led by example when it came to game management today. He moved the ball forward for a free kick knowing full well the referee would tell him to take it back ten yards. Cheers ref that’s thirty seconds gone. 
AW has been brilliant in so many ways, The hunt yellow that led to a minor scuffle was so well played out it was unreal. You talk about game management and we finally seem to have grasped it! 

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yeah I can't tell from the angle. Both commentators seemed to the think it was a blatant pen!

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah I can't tell from the angle. Both commentators seemed to the think it was a blatant pen!

I've tried to see several times, very hard to tell, but to be fair the Ref is a lot closer. One thing , it does look like COD does try and jump to avoid the players heels, and it does look a little like he plays for a touch. That said the Ref didn't book him for diving, so maybe one that could have gone either way. Nice to get one for a change.

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've tried to see several times, very hard to tell, but to be fair the Ref is a lot closer. One thing , it does look like COD does try and jump to avoid the players heels, and it does look a little like he plays for a touch. That said the Ref didn't book him for diving, so maybe one that could have gone either way. Nice to get one for a change.

COD put his hands up but seemed to catch the back of the bloke's legs with his boots. Although  it looked a nailed on pen to me from the TV pictures the ref had a much better view. Maybe he got it right?

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

Preston’s 3rd was a foul, 2 of West Brom’s goals were offside, Assombalonga was offside for Boro’s 2nd, QPRs penalty in the league cup was not a pen in a million years. That’s just off the top of my noggin for this season so far

Assombalonga was not offside

Just rocking and rolling one video, looks like COD try to jump over his legs and the guy just falls over.

36 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

COD put his hands up but seemed to catch the back of the bloke's legs with his boots. Although  it looked a nailed on pen to me from the TV pictures the ref had a much better view. Maybe he got it right?

Can only think the Ref sees him trying to avoid contact. In this case I trust the Ref :yes:

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 23.51.17.png

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Dive,  I dunno but I certainly didn't see it as nailed on...I'd struggle to justify awarding it, that's for sure! 

Archived