IGNORED

Josh Brownhill take a bow

Major Isewater

From the call I heard on radio bristol Josh was here there and every where. You would think that Josh playing like this week in and week out showing total commitment to the team and the club doing well why would he not stay. 

If we don't go up then we sell him to prem imo for big money. All these goals and playing even better now in the wide right role will only increase his value.

He could easily get a dozen or so if he stays fit. What a player.

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

From the call I heard on radio bristol Josh was here there and every where. You would think that Josh playing like this week in and week out showing total commitment to the team and the club doing well why would he not stay. 

Hello Mr Brownhill , I represent Premier League club  and I would like to pay you eye watering amounts of money and put you in front of a global audience.

:blink:

12 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Got 25mill plus written all over him .

Permanent marker is a bugger to get off!

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If we don't go up then we sell him to prem imo for big money. All these goals and playing even better now in the wide right role will only increase his value.

He could easily get a dozen or so if he stays fit. What a player.

Sometimes you need that player, who’s not a striker to ease the goalscoring burden.  Josh is becoming this player.  Not saying he’s gonna get the weight of goals as a Bradley Dack (Blackburn set up to maximise his ability) or a Murray (in ‘that’ season where he scored loads), or a Walsh from left wing.  Only last week I was saying 8-10 would be what we need.  He could get more!

He has a bit license to be the untracked runner arriving late, 3 in 5, 4 in 8.

Also our three forwards between them have 7, 6 and 3 (Afobe), so 16 in 20 games is decent enough.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Permanent marker is a bugger to get off!

Sometimes you need that player, who’s not a striker to ease the goalscoring burden.  Josh is becoming this player.  Not saying he’s gonna get the weight of goals as a Bradley Dack (Blackburn set up to maximise his ability) or a Murray (in ‘that’ season where he scored loads), or a Walsh from left wing.  Only last week I was saying 8-10 would be what we need.  He could get more!

He has a bit license to be the untracked runner arriving late, 3 in 5, 4 in 8.

Also our three forwards between them have 7, 6 and 3 (Afobe), so 16 in 20 games is decent enough.

I think in the modern game when playing 2 central midfielders, they generally don't get in the box much at all. So with Brownhill now he should be regularly floating in and around the box, where he is at his best.

23 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

You’re right Mar, at his age with his appearances, the captaincy and now goal threat he’s a huge asset 

Just hope we stick with this same side now Reg, I know games come thick and fast now but for me this is right system with the right players, albeit Kalas for baker and Dasilva for Rowe when they are both fit.

would really not like seeing much tinkering especially next week with two winnable home games that could cement us in playoffs

33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Player of the season so far.

Looks like he'll get his best ever goal tally as well, matched his current record of 5 today. 

He's emerged from Pack's shadow, taken the armband, and absolutely flourished.

Absolutely.

His performances so far have been excellent but it’s not Pack moving on it’s more about the recruitment of both Nagy and Massengo working so well together that enables JB a far more expansive role.

If he maintain his current form he’ll definitely be in the frame for PotY.

50 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Player of the season so far.

Looks like he'll get his best ever goal tally as well, matched his current record of 5 today. 

He's emerged from Pack's shadow, taken the armband, and absolutely flourished.

I totally agree. He has matured so much in the last few months and added so much to the team. He is clearly enjoying the role and his form at the moment. Always appreciated the fans win or lose and never hides. 

20 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just hope we stick with this same side now Reg, I know games come thick and fast now but for me this is right system with the right players, albeit Kalas for baker and Dasilva for Rowe when they are both fit.

would really not like seeing much tinkering especially next week with two winnable home games that could cement us in playoffs

I think in the main we have players not starting to fit the system.

Szmodics for Brownhill

Smith for Massengo

O’Dowda for Eliasson

Pereira for Hunt

etc

So we don’t have to change the way we play.  I’m not saying those are the only ones too, the CBs are nicely covered too.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Szmodics for Brownhill

Smith for Massengo

O’Dowda for Eliasson

Pereira for Hunt

etc

So we don’t have to change the way we play.  I’m not saying those are the only ones too, the CBs are nicely covered too.

Talking of Hunt does that booking rule him out for Tuesday?

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Szmodics for Brownhill

Smith for Massengo

O’Dowda for Eliasson

Pereira for Hunt

etc

Agree. We have replacements in most positions in this system.

Interesting you say Szmodics in Brownhill's position. It may be that suits his attributes, but not seen him play right side yet.

I reckon Marley Watkins could come in and do a very good job. We have seen him linking well with Hunt in the past.

The only player who we don't really have back up for is Diedhiou. And maybe that is why someone like Wickham may be perfect in January, as he is the Fam type of striker we need to be competing for that position.

As we are now it would have to be Semenyo, and who knows he might play better in this new system where it seems to be getting the best out of everyone.

Fam is getting a lot more support now, and I imagine so would Semenyo, which will only help his performances.

Nice to see players improve while at City. Noticeable ones like Pack and Flint, and now JB. It's a little like Louis Carey , played a lot at FB, learnt and built himself up . I'd been banging on for ages for Josh to play centre when he was kept out wide. The experience in both areas has made him so much more than JUST a RMF/CMF . His all round game is great, his shooting has improved no end, along with his vision, and where he used to disappear in games for spells then come with a burst at the end, he now seems to be involved for 90+ minutes.  
I've looked forward to seeing Nagy and HNM alongside Josh, you can now add Korey and even COD as cover.

The future is bright, however long it lasts.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Rarely seems to put in a poor performance. Has been one of our best players for a long time now.

Actually disagree with this. Had quite a poor spell, Charlton despite the goal he wasn’t great, Wigan he wasn’t great, Forest and West Brom was poor. However Huddersfield he was brilliant, Cardiff he was great and I wasn’t there but apparently he was great today. Plays better in a more advanced position.

It feels like some time since we had a midfield player contributing to this level, before xmas as well. I am starting to see the player that people think could be our next big money sale. I would be happy with that if we replaced him with Bacuna for half the fee. :) 

image.png.1db5962cc829d32d509d92771104e112.png

Archived