IGNORED

Millwall home

Topper 123

Many things have been wrote about our atmosphere at home , well tues night at home let’s put this to bed ,we’ve got an old enemy at home and after the Fulham result which was superb today surely the fans will turn out in numbers and support the team from the off , remember to make a lot of noise in recognition for Benik Afobe and family in their sad time .So let’s get the gate rocking Tuesday night and right into Christmas COYR 

I reckon LJ goes unchanged for this one. And then makes changes for Blackburn game.

We have seen it before, he goes unchanged for games that are Saturday-Tuesday, then makes the changes to a tired team the next Saturday. 

I saw the Millwall game last night and they are a good side. Surely though the way we are now playing in this new system can be too much for them.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon LJ goes unchanged for this one. And then makes changes for Blackburn game.

We have seen it before, he goes unchanged for games that are Saturday-Tuesday, then makes the changes to a tired team the next Saturday. 

I saw the Millwall game last night and they are a good side. Surely though the way we are now playing in this new system can be too much for them.

They were good last night but Forest were well out of sorts until Grabban & Lolley came on.

They took a good few knocks as well. 

Regarding Blackburn, according to Sky, Bradley Dack had the game of his life today and they should have won by a lot more.

29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They were good last night but Forest were well out of sorts until Grabban & Lolley came on.

Regarding Blackburn, according to Sky, Bradley Dack had the game of his life today and they should have won by a lot more.

Yeah true Forest were poor first half which maybe made Millwall look better than they are. Will be tough though.

Blackburn game will also be tough. In fact nearly ever game should be tough in this league, and that's what makes it so good!

But I imagine there will be changes by the Blackburn game. I can't see LJ picking the same team 3 times in a week.

41 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Watch us fail to break down an 'orrible Millwall outfit on Tuesday.

that's our sop....you knows it.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I have a sneaking feeling Korey gets a run Vs Millwall. Not seen them since Rowett came in, but I'm guessing they still bypass MF a fair bit, but may not sit in quite as much as they did under Harris. Always a tough game, and one we have always struggled in. The one thing that we could do with changing is possession stats. If we can hold the ball better, and with the new (latest) formation meaning better width, or use of width meaning we stretch the game a little , we should cause them more problems.
Hard to see any other changes, Pedro in to give Hunt a rest for what on paper could be a tougher game Saturday?  Kalas if fit? I'd sit him on the bench TBH, not rush him back. I guess COD could come in for NE, but that's doubtful , 3 assists and a goal in 2 games means it's hard to rest hm. 
As many home games go, get an early goal and it could mean a comfortable night,.

1 hour ago, Spoonbed said:

I do worry a little about their Right hand side. Jed Wallace is very decent, and think that Tommy Rowe will need some assistance on that side. 

I have been wanting us to sign Wallace for years. He is more than useful. Rowe has surprised me out there with his one on one defending. We will see because Wallace isn’t really quick in terms of usual champ wingers. Rowe looked fine against Knockeart and Lolley recently so I think he will be fine. 

As for changes, I don’t like changing a winning team either, but still think we need to look after a few players out there. I will always say Massengo needs to be protected. He did look tired at one point before his rest. A week away from championship action should keep him fresh. Korey can step in. Hunt has done a couple  in a row after injury. Why push it? Periera is capable and I imagine getting better and more comfortable. Baker and Williams are older/injury prone so if Kalas ready I’d get him in for one of them. 

Not saying make 5 changes but 2 would keep it familiar while protecting a couple players who may struggle to complete a 46 game championship season. We have the squad to do it. 

It’s Millwall’s home form that is keeping them in a comfortable mid-table position. It’s always a difficult place to go.

They have, by contrast, won only once away. Nothing is easy in this league, and they will come for a point, but if we reach the levels we’ve attained in our last two games, we should take all three.

1 hour ago, Spoonbed said:

I do worry a little about their Right hand side. Jed Wallace is very decent, and think that Tommy Rowe will need some assistance on that side. 

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have been wanting us to sign Wallace for years. He is more than useful. Rowe has surprised me out there with his one on one defending. We will see because Wallace isn’t really quick in terms of usual champ wingers. Rowe looked fine against Knockeart and Lolley recently so I think he will be fine. 

He seemed to switch sides fairly regularly v Forest on Friday and from quite early in the game too. 

Tough team selection on Tuesday.  Easy thing would be to pick the same side, but I guess the sports scientists will know the levels of fatigue and recovery.  From watching on telly, we chased a lot yesterday against a side that 68% of possession.

It will be interesting to see whether Weimann’s pressing more of the midfield than their back 4 makes for a more efficient press or not.  Fam seemed to benefit with not having to worry too much about pressing their defenders.

There is a part of me that says Massengo might struggle against a more physical side, but Hutchinson hasn’t played the last 2, so perhaps play Smith.  But I also think he’s buzzing too, and stupidly think the crowd singing his song helps the atmosphere.  Maybe the answer is to sub him (and Nagy) at first point of fatigue?

22 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That’s why I’d rest massengo Tuesday and bring him back in against Blackburn to deal with dack, like he did yesterday with cairny 

Archived