IGNORED

Today's forgotten man

AppyDAZE

Agreed - I feel more confident about these type of situations where I just used to choose my eyes and wait for the opposing teams fans to explode. Kept us not only in this game but multiple games this season. 

Someone (not me) should (hypothetically) calculate how many points all of these interjections are worth in terms of points....

Hope LJ gives Maenpaa a cup run alla Luke Steele two years ago! 

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I wouldn’t say he was ‘ forgotten ‘ . He is a huge part of why we are where we are.

As others have pointed out he has kept us in games so often this season with saves at crucial times.

It is almost expected now . 

He is my player of the season so far .

I think the most unsung player this season so far , if not necessarily the best is Nathan Baker as he has been really good, and is someone who rarely gets everyone on his side.

Having a storming season, NB

Yeah, looking again he does push that save back into play a bit but it was a quick, decent save from a decent shot. Deserved better reactions from the defense if we're being critical, and probably Callum to do better to stop the shot to start with. For all their possession it was one of those games where DB had less to do than usual away from home.

No way did we not deserve to win that game , penalty or no penalty.

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

ive been trying to think of a duff keeper city have had. memory goes back as far as cashley but the only name that springs to mind is david james but he wasn't that bad,just had some real howlers

Marinovic would be the most recent.

5 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

ive been trying to think of a duff keeper city have had. memory goes back as far as cashley but the only name that springs to mind is david james but he wasn't that bad,just had some real howlers

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Marinovic would be the most recent.

We`ve had some right bangers on loan down the years. Ian Leigh anyone? Let one through his legs in the first couple of minutes of his debut in front of the EE.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Harsh on Frank who was superb for us over many years, put silver in the cabinet and all that.

That being said times change, and Bentley is proving an absolute steal and seems a tip bloke as well. Keep up the good work Danny boy 

I dont think Frank was superb, he did well but certainly no where near superb. The thing with Frank was that you could never feel 100% confident in him as he always had a mistake in him. He was quite erratic at times. He would make some world class saves but would be very prone to conceding pathetic goals that my gran could save. He wasnt consistent enough, his form would dip up and down like a rollercoaster. He was quite prone to injuries also. He has been one of the weakest links in the team for the past few years. Nice guy but I am glad hes gone.

Archived