IGNORED

Diedhiou

bcfc01

Not been a big fan of Diedhiou but I think the big bloke deserves a thread of his own tonight (unless he has one and I've missed it).

Today was the best I've seen from him, he was every inch an international quality forward, following on from a very good performance against Huddersfield. He deserved his goal today.

Maybe its the talk of incoming forwards in January or maybe its huge confidence gained from his games with Senegal, or maybe he is profiting from a more progressive team formation - what ever it is long may it continue as I am finally starting to see why we paid over 5m for him.

He was excellent today.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not been a big fan of Diedhiou but I think the big bloke deserves a thread of his own tonight (unless he has one and I've missed it).

Today was the best I've seen from him, he was every inch an international quality forward, following on from a very good performance against Huddersfield. He deserved his goal today.

Maybe its the talk of incoming forwards in January or maybe its huge confidence gained from his games with Senegal, or maybe he is profiting from a more progressive team formation - what ever it is long may it continue as I am finally starting to see why we paid over 5m for him.

He was excellent today.

Had a stormer, Fammy. Lovely cool celebration for his long range effort :laugh:

6 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Confidence is a major ingredient for a striker as they say ...

Confidence is a preference for the habitual scorer of goals of what is known as...

Died -  hiou

It gives me a sense of enormous well-being..

Died - hiou (scoring again)

Fair play, Fam. ******* excellent today for the 90.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Does he actually live in Knowle? ?

Ha ha, No.

I have been very impressed with Diedhiou since he has come back from suspension. He seems to have added more defensive duties to his game, and seems stronger and not so easily pushed around. He saved us a few times in the last few games with last ditch clearances, and of course vital goals.

He seems to genuinely love being at the club, always acknowledges the fans and seems to enjoy the wins as much as we do. Hope this ‘new Diedhiou’ continues

Liked  Famara from day one. Now he is in the right place on the field and when he gets the ball he can pass it to a City player. We have more movement all around and it fits Famara. No high balls when he is isolatet and lonely upfront. Defensive he is like a good cb in the air. He is no Messi but he is perfect for us. When the crosses Com from our wingers our opponents always have one or two defenders to mark him, then another of our players can score, Brownhill, Eliasson, Weimann. He is very important to our team.

2 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

ahh so he decided to play better, improve his form and was just holding back before

Not holding back....just comfortable. Not exactly like he's got competition banging his door down for his starting place is it ! 

25 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Yes

No. Long Ashton.

I said the other day we have failed to always get the best out of Fam. This new system seems to be perfect for him.

I've never liked him in a front 2, having to do so much dropping back and linking play. Weimann playing that little bit deeper making all the difference to Fam's game.

Archived