IGNORED

Eliasson

Lez

Give him a new contract.....do the 1 year extension but even then price if sell would be low due to free in the summer.

One of the best players in the championship now so give him the long term deal he deserves.....and let's hope he signs.

Eliasson is a joy to see, he got so mutch in him. He got our play a new dimension. If he continues to play well Im sure he will be playing for Sweden in the euros. Niclas is still young and he will be better and better. He is verry good and already a class player. He seems to like it in City and fingers crossed we can keep him. Sometimes he is to unselfish, he is comfortable to pass, would like him go more central sometimes and shoot. Think LJ have coached him right even If Im thinking he should have been in the starting eleven last season. He learned from the bench how hard and fast this leauge is. Good scouting from City to find Niclas in Sweden. When he was playing here in Sweden he had the most assist in the swedish leauge. The tempo in the swedish leauge is low, Niclas came to a better leauge and he still delivers, that shows he is a great player.

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If COD got a deal despite being absolute turd ... big dick Nic needs a pay rise 

Not absolute turd though when he's played well in most games for us. Cardiff game he was outstanding.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not absolute turd though when he's played well in most games for us. Cardiff game he was outstanding.

Agreed. We've ha to just manage since losing, Lloyd and then Jay's leg break. He's done alright, but without question not the man i want sliding into tackles, a defender no, or even as a wing back :laugh:. When Jay is back it will be better for everyone down that side. ?

23 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Agreed. We've ha to just manage since losing, Lloyd and then Jay's leg break. He's done alright, but without question not the man i want sliding into tackles, a defender no, or even as a wing back :laugh:. When Jay is back it will be better for everyone down that side. ?

I think Cod needs to work on his defensive skills for sure. At times he looks really good. Like Boro second half when he went to left back, and dealt comfortably with everything when defending. Just needs to find that consistency in his defending, as on his day he looks good.

I wouldn't currently have COD in the side as we are playing so well as we are. But he is good cover in any 3 positions behind Fam, left, right or centre. Fulham wanted him, Leeds apparently wanted him too. He's not terrible like people say.

He was very good last season in that great run we went on. He's had some good performances this season, couple of bad ones.

I don't really get people saying they don't know what he brings. Well he's quick and works his socks off. Surely at least people can admit that. Seems like there's a dislike for him that means people can't even bring themselves to say anything positive about the guy.

The comments during the WBA game on here were ridiculous. Having a go at COD when pretty much all of WBA's attacks were going down the other side of the pitch, and COD barely put a foot wrong. Certainly not making bad mistakes like others were.

Bit sad really when it's our player. Fans need one player to have a go at, or to laugh at. It was Marley, but now no one says anything about him because of 2 decent performances. So it's COD's turn.

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think Cod needs to work on his defensive skills for sure. At times he looks really good. Like Boro second half when he went to left back, and dealt comfortably with everything when defending. Just needs to find that consistency in his defending, as on his day he looks good.

I wouldn't currently have COD in the side as we are playing so well as we are. But he is good cover in any 3 positions behind Fam, left, right or centre. Fulham wanted him, Leeds apparently wanted him too. He's not terrible like people say.

He was very good last season in that great run we went on. He's had some good performances this season, couple of bad ones.

I don't really get people saying they don't know what he brings. Well he's quick and works his socks off. Surely at least people can admit that. Seems like there's a dislike for him that means people can't even bring themselves to say anything positive about the guy.

The comments during the WBA game on here were ridiculous. Having a go at COD when pretty much all of WBA's attacks were going down the other side of the pitch, and COD barely put a foot wrong. Certainly not making bad mistakes like others were.

Bit sad really when it's our player. Fans need one player to have a go at, or to laugh at. It was Marley, but now no one says anything about him because of 2 decent performances. So it's COD's turn.

I like COD, aye people say stuff they don't mean ;p, a lot of the negativity comes from expectation as we know what he's capable of, a frustration I doubt lost on him.

all want to see a happy COD playing to his strengths, not been easy playing out of your comfort zone with extra responsibility, some players are naturally defenders and combative, enjoying the challenges, and some love to expose defenders by avoiding their challenges, COD is the latter I belive.

COD gets battered because he doesn’t deliver often enough . He rarely  affects the game in a way which Elliason or Bomber Brownhill do for example. 

Add into that the fact that we’ve had glimpses of magic such as the goal v Norwich so we know that he can do it , it’s just that he doesn’t perform at that level often enough.

He needs to step up like the aforementioned two players . 

His problem now is that he’s not getting the starts which could get him at that level.

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

COD gets battered because he doesn’t deliver often enough . He rarely  affects the game in a way which Elliason or Bomber Brownhill do for example. 

Add into that the fact that we’ve had glimpses of magic such as the goal v Norwich so we know that he can do it , it’s just that he doesn’t perform at that level often enough.

His problem now is that he’s not getting the starts which could get him at that level.

It’s all about consistency. The lower leagues are full of players who can have a good game every now and again. The key is to do it every week, that’s what makes a good player. Like a few on here say, O’Dowda had a good game at Norwich last season? 

Maybe it’s my bias having grown up watching wingers with flair (Walsh, Goodridge etc) but Eliasson’s potential has been there for all to see from the moment we signed him and it’s great to see his improvement. 

Tying him to a new deal should be a priority, especially after having our fingers burnt in the past. 

His stock is rising so fast that I could see him playing a starring role for Sweden at the Euros and it’ll be very hard to keep hold of him after that - unless we go up. 

Enjoy while we have him. He’s a joy to watch. 

53 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

I like COD, aye people say stuff they don't mean ;p, a lot of the negativity comes from expectation as we know what he's capable of, a frustration I doubt lost on him.

all want to see a happy COD playing to his strengths, not been easy playing out of your comfort zone with extra responsibility, some players are naturally defenders and combative, enjoying the challenges, and some love to expose defenders by avoiding their challenges, COD is the latter I belive.

Capable of sweet FA. One of the worst wingers we have had in recent times

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He was woeful went he came on yesterday, stood like a statue when the Fulham player shifted the ball around him to get the shot in that Bentley parried and they then scored. Gave away a silly foul 10 yards out of the box, which thankfully  came to nothing and very, very lucky to have got away with the penalty shout. Did nothing positive for us whatsoever.

I think that all 4 midfielders that started yesterday are prem quality in terms of ability. When was the last time we could say that? I've said that about Eliasson since we signed him; he strikes the ball like an international class player, we just had to wait for the rest of it to fall into place.

As for COD, I've long since said he'd be best in centre mid, on the left hand side of a three. Problem for him is that he isn't one of our three best central midfielders

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think the answer to your post come from the two posts below.  In essence he needs to affect the game more.  It’s not easy when you’ve been out of the side, but he’s tended to play a “bit” safe.  As below there are frustrations because we’ve seen what he’s capable of.  Yesterday wasn’t the best example of coming on for 20 minutes (12+8 injury) and doing enough.  Fallen behind Eliasson now, and with Smith back, one less position in midfield where he’s likely to be turned to.

8 hours ago, CiderHider said:

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think the answer to your post come from the two posts below.  In essence he needs to affect the game more.  It’s not easy when you’ve been out of the side, but he’s tended to play a “bit” safe.  As below there are frustrations because we’ve seen what he’s capable of.  Yesterday wasn’t the best example of coming on for 20 minutes (12+8 injury) and doing enough.  Fallen behind Eliasson now, and with Smith back, one less position in midfield where he’s likely to be turned to.

Agree about playing safe, you look at Callum and just want him to get at players. He's a really good dribbler, has decent pace and can cross and finish. But he puts his foot on the ball too much to really get the best out of his skill set. If you're gonna have a player playing like that, you'd just pick Nagy, Massengo or the likes of Morrell and Walsh.

I'd love to see him with the leash off. Just be a winger. Embrace his skillset. 

That being said, I don't know where that fits into the system which is working so well. The way we have been playing with Brownhill off the right playing like an inverted wide midfielder and Nicky as a wide outlet works for us. It means we aren't overrun as a two in the middle and gives us that asymmetric overload on one side. Especially with Rowe at LB and Hunt at RB. 

Think O'Dowda should at this point only the be the back up to Nicky, relieving him after 70-80 if he's shagged. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think he plays safe when he is often trying to beat players through the middle of the pitch. I don't think the 3322 formation has helped him or Brownhill. But really apart from Reading, I can't really think of any bad performances. He was very good against Swansea and Cardiff imo. Boro he came on and changed the game on the left where we had all been struggling.

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think he plays safe when he is often trying to beat players through the middle of the pitch. I don't think the 3322 formation has helped him or Brownhill. But really apart from Reading, I can't really think of any bad performances. He was very good against Swansea and Cardiff imo. Boro he came on and changed the game on the left where we had all been struggling.

He's the next unpopular player, not helped by his contract hold out last year. You know our fans, not satisfied unless there's somebody to belittle. 

1 hour ago, J-mat said:

He's the next unpopular player, not helped by his contract hold out last year. You know our fans, not satisfied unless there's somebody to belittle. 

I don’t think it’s a question of ‘ belittling ‘ the lad , just many posters acknowledging that he is not playing up to the level of which he has shown glimpses and trying to find reasons why .

Anyone who gives their best for the club gets the support of the fans .

1 hour ago, J-mat said:

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don’t think it’s a question of ‘ belittling ‘ the lad , just many posters acknowledging that he is not playing up to the level of which he has shown glimpses and trying to find reasons why .

Anyone who gives their best for the club gets the support of the fans .

I think it is a bit of both. The contract hold up will definitely make it easier for many to have a pop and say "should have got rid of him" etc etc, but also many can see he has ability but he just doesn't seem to be consistent, and now he will struggle to get any consistency due to him not being a starter. The plus side is when Eliasson does have a rest, he will really have to come in and do a proper job or his career here really could be over imo.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I don’t think he’s been bad either.  I’ve got a good memory, but I honestly can’t remember Swansea or him standing out over the “norm”.  Cardiff he was good and had an impact on the game.  Charlton when we went to the diamond too.  I was more referring to West Brom in terms of “safe”.

I was watching a few clips of Brownhill’s goals yesterday and there were a couple of moments where O’Dowda was in full flight in wide positions, that’s the bit I miss seeing.  Totally get the driving through central midfield.

There aren’t enough games I come away from thinking Callum is in the frame for MOTM.  But I don’t think he is bad either.

Archived