IGNORED

Eliasson

Lez

32 minutes ago, Negan said:

Wouldn’t say he’s playing poorly. Millwall have got a man on him constantly, rightly so. He’s put 2 dangerous balls in so far even when he’s not at his best. 

Rose tinted Negan. Massengo worse to be fair but abject from Niclas

Played brilliantly final stages and generally very good second half. Poor first half, but even then he was our main threat.

Weimann on other wing did pretty much nothing all game.

An article about Eliasson in the Swedish newspaper Expressen.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/jag-har-alltid-dromt-om-att-fa-spela-i-landslaget/

Google translate

"I've always dreamed of playing in the national team"

Niclas Eliasson has scored one goal and eight appearances this year - and his Bristol City are aiming to move up in the Premier League. Now the 24-year-old talks about the time in The Championship, the success, the future and the blue-yellow dreams.
- Hopefully I do it so well that I am in the next collection. I've always dreamed of playing in the national team, he says.

It was in the summer of 2017 that, after a successful season with IFK Norrköping, Niclas Eliasson moved to England and Bristol City.

In the first season he never took a regular starting place, but last year it loosened.

And this year, he has already made eight appearances and one goal, is second in the Championship league assist and is looking forward to a season where the team hopes for a promotion.

- It has been a very good start to the season for us and also for me personally. I feel that I have developed a lot as a player, adapted to the league and then it has loosened up points as well. I have one goal and eight forwards in total, which I am happy with, ”he says.

If you were to sum up time in Bristol City, what do you say?

- Then I would say that the first season was a big change. Coming to The Championship from Allsvenskan was tough and educational. I still got to play some first year and felt that I was developing well and was able to adapt to the new environment.

- We also had a really fun season then, where we beat Manchester United in the cup. I really learned a lot that year.
Niclas Eliasson on the rumors surrounding West Ham

What is the most difficult thing about coming from the Allsvenskan to The Championship?

- It's good that the league has changed so much in recent years. The clubs here can buy players for SEK 100 million, which is nothing unusual. So it is tough competition and there is no kicking and running football with only Englishmen, which many can imagine.

- There are players from all countries where the clubs can recruit heavily from Spain, Portugal and take players from southern Europe. Then the match is a change. Going from one single Swedish match a week to three matches a week here in England was tough.

- It is important to recover in a good way, to be careful in the preparation and so on. That's one thing that we players have to be good at here. There I think Bristol is good and provides a good opportunity to recover between the matches.

Eliasson provides a few examples of the contrasts that may arise.

- For example, we can meet West Bromwich away on Saturday. West Bromwich who plays fine football and has many good players. They play pass-oriented. Then on Wednesday you can play away against Millwall where you know it will hit the close matches and they really play "Championship football", as many would say. But it's clear that the contrasts are evolving for you as a player.

I read on some English site that West Ham are interested in you, is there anything you know about?

- I read it too and it is clear that you noticed that there may have been some interest now that you have done well. At the same time, there is nothing to think about. Just drive and do well here so you can see what happens.

- I know that stuff will solve. I like it here in Bristol City too. A nice club with the goal of reaching the Premier League, although it will be tough. The club has invested heavily in new arenas and is building a new state-of-the-art training facility.

- So it will be something good regardless.

"It's really sad and a tragedy"

Your contract expires this summer, have you discussed an extension?

- I have had contact with my agent and he has said that they want to offer me a new contract. It's nothing I've run around thinking about. I know it is important to continue delivering on the plan. Then it will be something good.

Do you dream of the A-national team and the European playoffs?

- It has been a dream to represent Sweden ever since you were little. I last checked when they went on and it was fantastic to have the chance. But it's the same thing there. I can only continue to do my best and hope that it will be enough to join the next collection.

However, everything has not just been up in Bristol City lately. The club and the team's offensive loan from Stoke, Benik Afobe, were hit by a tragedy when two-year-old daughter Amora quickly died after suffering a severe infection.

The condolences to Afobe and his family have poured in from all over the football world and throughout Bristol City as a club has supported the striker.

- It's obviously really sad and a tragedy. It is impossible to imagine what it is like to be able to participate in something so terrible. Benik is a fantastic man and it has been a very difficult time here. The entire team will get to the funeral to support him and his family, says Eliasson.

8 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Oh shit, I totally forgot his contract was up in the summer. How’s that not been sorted by now? If some foreign team comes in and takes him on a free. . . No no no no no. 

He will leave and it will be such a shame for us. As a club any out and out winger should avoid us like the plague as LJ just doesn't seem to believe in any formation that accommodates pure wide men. 

20 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Terrible management to let him slip into his last year of contract , lj has no idea how to use him so for his career i doubt he will sign a new deal if a bigger challenge and better tactically aware manager comes a calling .

?

19 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Oh shit, I totally forgot his contract was up in the summer. How’s that not been sorted by now? If some foreign team comes in and takes him on a free. . . No no no no no. 

??

19 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

So do we have the usual 1 year option on this contract?

?

19 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

No of course not we have terrible mangement and never include these type of clauses! ?

?? 

We have a year option, LJ or MA have already said we will exercise it if need be....which suggests (to me) that like with Callum, they are in talks, but have yet to reach agreement.  May e they won’t, in which case they exercise the 1 year option.

10 hours ago, Brooko said:

He will leave and it will be such a shame for us. As a club any out and out winger should avoid us like the plague as LJ just doesn't seem to believe in any formation that accommodates pure wide men. 

I have my doubts about pure wide men at decent levels in the modern game- what's your preferred setup to accomodate them though?

OTOH, Eliassson isn't IMO a pure wide man as such- an analysis of his assists over the season for example show a mix of crosses from wide, coming inside and setups in between- think he has the technical ability to drift in and out a bit personally.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

?

??

?

?? 

We have a year option, LJ or MA have already said we will exercise it if need be....which suggests (to me) that like with Callum, they are in talks, but have yet to reach agreement.  May e they won’t, in which case they exercise the 1 year option.

So to show a little bit of commitment to NE why not trigger this immediately ? 

I say again lj has no idea what a player he has in NE only when hes moved on to bigger and better things will lj realize.

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I say again lj has no idea what a player he has in NE only when hes moved on to bigger and better things will lj realize.

Because perhaps there’s something in the contract that specifies when the option can be triggered.  I know that some will have “must be triggered by xxxx date”, but I don’t know if there’s a starting date though.  The club have already said they’ll trigger it.

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Because the extention will be just that a one year extension on the same terms as now. Negotiating and offering a new deal on better terms shows far more commitment to the player. 

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I have my doubts about pure wide men at decent levels in the modern game- what's your preferred setup to accomodate them though?

OTOH, Eliassson isn't IMO a pure wide man as such- an analysis of his assists over the season for example show a mix of crosses from wide, coming inside and setups in between- think he has the technical ability to drift in and out a bit personally.

Perhaps you are right. I see Eliasson as a winger, with limited defensive qualities and certainly not a player for the midfield. He has spent most of his tenure at BCFC sat on the bench as 'he's a victim of formation' (LJ's words not mine). COD has suffered the same fate but unlike Eliasson hasn't taken his opportunities when given the chance. 
My point is more about BCFC being seen as an attractive proposition for wingers under LJ - currently it is not. 

Archived