IGNORED

Eliasson

Lez

Is he not a winger as much as the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo is a winger? No one would say don't play him because of the formation or because he doesn't defend enough. I am sure he could even do a job behind the strikers - drifting out to either wing occasionally or driving through the middle. He is two footed enough and can take it past a player, pass and shoot.

Yes Eliasson isn't a threat every minute of every game, but his number of goals/assists over a season should more than justify his inclusion more often than not. Is it not more the case of the other players not getting the ball to him more regularly in dangerous positions or not making the most of the space he creates when the opposition double up on him.

A bit more experience, confidence, strength and management of his abilities and I think he is going to be a cracking player that any championship club would want in their side.

2 hours ago, Brooko said:

Perhaps you are right. I see Eliasson as a winger, with limited defensive qualities and certainly not a player for the midfield. He has spent most of his tenure at BCFC sat on the bench as 'he's a victim of formation' (LJ's words not mine). COD has suffered the same fate but unlike Eliasson hasn't taken his opportunities when given the chance. 
My point is more about BCFC being seen as an attractive proposition for wingers under LJ - currently it is not. 

I think 4-3-3, don't see why not- more of a modern winger, pushed higher- like I say, the range of assists in the season does suggest that.

Maybe it's just how the game has developed a bit- I suppose we could go to 4-4-2 if we were prepared to go all in on conceding the ball, but strongly pressing and counterpressing. Eliasson is excellent, hope we keep him- but we need to find an optimum shape that benefits both him, and us.

@Middlesbrough Robin Think e.,g. Ronaldo is playing more as a striker these days. Juventus deploy a range of shapes though.

If LJ is intent on playing 3-5-2 then I'd like to see him play Eliasson in the front two.  He has an eye for goal, can head the ball and I just think he would link better and create more chances and combine better with Diedhiou than Weimann.  Eliasson can run around too but I just would like to see a bit more productive running around. Weimann can't be faulted for effort 

Defending less deeply  with the midfield pushing up would help too so the likes of Diedhiou are not so isolated. Bizarrely the tactic / identity seems to be a) trying to play out of defence and conceding possession (unless it's the classy Taylor Moore) in dangerous areas and b) floating in aimless aerial punts to Diedhiou and conceding possession given that's part of the game isn't his strength.

For me it's more how badly we have played in the last three games as much as the three losses.

Archived