IGNORED

WBA v Swansea at midday worth a look?

Never to the dark side

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I ain't so confident to imagine we are looking at top 2 so a WBA win is ideal for me. That's 0 points for our direct rivals rather than 1

As it stands (3-1 to WBA) we are now 5 points ahead of Swansea (but 10 points behind WBA and 8 behind Leeds).

Realistically, if we can keep up the form, the playoffs will be attainable - but auto promotion is beyond us imo.

To have any chance of top two it'll need a run of positive results for us coupled with a bit of a slump for WBA and Leeds..

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

As it stands (3-1 to WBA) we are now 5 points ahead of Swansea (but 10 points behind WBA and 8 behind Leeds).

Realistically, if we can keep up the form, the playoffs will be attainable - but auto promotion is beyond us imo.

To have any chance of top two it'll need a run of positive results for us coupled with a bit of a slump for WBA and Leeds..

Ok. Lets match their results in general & beat them both in our return matches with WBA beating Leeds on New Years Day. It might just work :)

Rowe did have a really effective game yesterday, especially as Knockaert can be a very tricky customer.  Was was interesting was the way Rowe and Eliasson worked together off the ball.  Odoi, is a more than capable ball-player but despite this we made him go long in the first half where he promptly turned over possession (red lines).  

BD3DD41F-55B5-4347-B0D9-7F2A0123E9F5.thumb.jpeg.e174e61493d66531533b4b4d3d7e378b.jpeg
10376208-6A8E-4103-8FED-BC132024DC9D.thumb.jpeg.e684c7f58910946c41ae690320b3dae7.jpeg

Knockaert mostly having to go backwards.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rowe did have a really effective game yesterday, especially as Knockaert can be a very tricky customer.  Was was interesting was the way Rowe and Eliasson worked together off the ball.  Odoi, is a more than capable ball-player but despite this we made him go long in the first half where he promptly turned over possession (red lines).  

BD3DD41F-55B5-4347-B0D9-7F2A0123E9F5.thumb.jpeg.e174e61493d66531533b4b4d3d7e378b.jpeg
10376208-6A8E-4103-8FED-BC132024DC9D.thumb.jpeg.e684c7f58910946c41ae690320b3dae7.jpeg

Knockaert mostly having to go backwards.

Should this be in the Rowe thread ?

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Both teams are due a dip in form, but i think WBA will pull away.

Leeds on the other hand could be catchable just because they’ve been in this position before and bottled it.

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah long way to go. WBA are definitely the best team and getting better. 2nd isn't done and dusted 

Exactly, we just need a nice run of wins and stop worrying about the teams around us. Last 2 games have proven what we can do.

17 hours ago, richie87 said:

I have the exact same view, Leeds will throw it after Christmas. 

They usually do. We are away to them a week Saturday and frequently start their demise so let’s hope this year is no different.

if we can reduce the gap to 6 or so points then it’s game on for any of the chasing pack. I’d prefer to see you lot go up over Leeds,

as long as we win the playoffs ??

12 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

They usually do. We are away to them a week Saturday and frequently start their demise so let’s hope this year is no different.

if we can reduce the gap to 6 or so points then it’s game on for any of the chasing pack. I’d prefer to see you lot go up over Leeds,

as long as we win the playoffs ??

Bloody hell, you must REALLY hate Leeds...

Archived