IGNORED

Tommy Rowe

RedRock

As virtually every player has had an ‘accolade’ thread in the last week, can I just mention our Tommy, the largely forgotten man?

One of the less celebrated arrivals in the Summer (together with our 3rd keeper/coach who seems to have performed a magnificent job on Bents). How important a signing has that turned out to be! 

Magnificent. Thrown in to a relatively unfamiliar position at Championship level and has not at all looked out of place. Decent defensively and a threat going forward. 

Bravo Tommy. 

Desire to get in the box...again, yesterday he was well inside the 18 yard box getting shots off, albeit blocked.  Was a good outlet, for Massengo a couple of times.  Passing a tad disappointing on occasion yesterday, but great work up and down the left, making Eliasson’s job easier.  Good little partnership in the last 2 games.

Saved me starting this thread!  Rowe is one of those pros who just keeps going but you will sure miss him when not available.

I like him for two reasons especially.

Firstly, he's got a proper footballer's name. ?  "Stanley Matthews", "Tom Finney" quality in the name stakes.

Secondly, he's nasty.  I mean real nasty in an Italian defender type way.

I loved his challenge on the Forest forward (big bloke No.16 I think) that absolutely floored him.  Dangerous in this day and age with refs reaching for the red card at any excuse.  I'm sure the ref would have been interested if he'd seen it but the game was 30 meters away...  ? :punish:<-- Rowe.

One of our best signing this year as no one would have predicted a out of contract league 1 player we got on a free would turn out to be one of our most reliable players doing really well in a championship play off team, he never ever let's the team down Always 100% love players like that , great thread well deserved for him 

15 minutes ago, winsaw said:

One of our best signing this year as no one would have predicted a out of contract league 1 player we got on a free would turn out to be one of our mortgage reliable players doing really well in a championship play off team, he never ever let's the team down Always 100% love players like that , great thread well deserved for him 

You could say that LJ is laughing all the way to the bank...

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

Saved me starting this thread!  Rowe is one of those pros who just keeps going but you will sure miss him when not available.

I like him for two reasons especially.

Firstly, he's got a proper footballer's name. ?  "Stanley Matthews", "Tom Finney" quality in the name stakes.

Secondly, he's nasty.  I mean real nasty in an Italian defender type way.

I loved his challenge on the Forest forward (big bloke No.16 I think) that absolutely floored him.  Dangerous in this day and age with refs reaching for the red card at any excuse.  I'm sure the ref would have been interested if he'd seen it but the game was 30 meters away...  ? :punish:<-- Rowe.

And if Rowe was on the receiving end of that challenge, he’d be up straight away and getting on with it. 

I remember him getting kicked in the chest early on in the season. He could’ve made a lot more of it if he wanted to

A reliable championship left back for sure. Very clever signing by LJ.

Dasilva gets back in though. Offers so much more going forward and is one of our best players.

I imagine Rowe will stay as a back up left back for us up till the end of next season when his contract expires. Hoping someone like Pring will be ready by then. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s our ‘bass player’ - you don’t realise how important and influential they are until they are taken out of the mix ...

They’re hard men bass players. Usually most musician jokes are about drummers, but I heard this one recently.

An orchestra have had a hard mornings practice and returning after lunch they find the triangle player lying on the floor, battered and bloody with the Bassist standing over him.

They ask what happened and the bass player says “he put one of my strings out of tune” 

That seems a bit extreme they say, to which the bass player replies “not really, he won’t tell me which one it is” :) 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

A reliable championship left back for sure. Very clever signing by LJ.

Dasilva gets back in though. Offers so much more going forward and is one of our best players.

I imagine Rowe will stay as a back up left back for us up till the end of next season when his contract expires. Hoping someone like Pring will be ready by then. 

This is something I just can't understand.  Dasilva really doesn't offer more going forward.  He can't cross the ball and he doesn't score goals.

(Plus, he's not much of a defender)

8 minutes ago, Chivs said:

This is something I just can't understand.  Dasilva really doesn't offer more going forward.  He can't cross the ball and he doesn't score goals.

Tend to agree. I think Dasilva is promising, but a myth seems to have grown up around him while he has been out. Plus his size means opponents launch long high balls out towards his wing. I hope he turns out to be fantastic, but I really haven’t seen it yet.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ever since I can remember, we have been left-back strong.

Always a position we had covered well.

From John Bailey onwards *sure some of you will have longer memories* to the present day, and long may it continue.

Bryan Drysdale.

5 hours ago, Chivs said:

I've barely seen Rowe cross a ball, so I think Dasilva is better as he gets in numerous crosses. Thought he put in some excellent balls last season.

What he is mainly brilliant at is taking the ball in tight spaces. Taking players on. Keeping the ball and playing forwards. I thought he was amazing last season.

Archived