IGNORED

Silly customer service

Paulton Red

Really annoyed

My sons worked really hard at school for his mocks so, as a surprise I tried to buy tickets online for tomorrow’s game v Millwall, chose seats, assigned memberships for my son and I and proceeded to checkout.

Entered card details and got an ‘Error try again’ so tried again but got another error. So tried my credit card in case was an HSBC problem but same error- so clearly it was a website problem.

I called the ticket office and after 11 minutes on hold spoke to Someone who was really helpful, but wanted to charge me £2 booking fee and, even though I had no alternative as the website won’t accept payment, couldn’t waive the fee

So instead I’ll save myself £48 and we’ll watch on Sky red button instead...a shame and poor customer service from the club

I did call Supporter Services just to let them know, the lady who answered (after another 8 minutes on hold) was polite, said she’d look at the website problem but wasn’t able to waive the booking fee

Seems a bit shortsighted to me

10 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:
Really annoyed

My sons worked really hard at school for his mocks so, as a surprise I tried to buy tickets online for tomorrow’s game v Millwall, chose seats, assigned memberships for my son and I and proceeded to checkout.

Entered card details and got an ‘Error try again’ so tried again but got another error. So tried my credit card in case was an HSBC problem but same error- so clearly it was a website problem.

I called the ticket office and after 11 minutes on hold spoke to Someone who was really helpful, but wanted to charge me £2 booking fee and, even though I had no alternative as the website won’t accept payment, couldn’t waive the fee

So instead I’ll save myself £48 and we’ll watch on Sky red button instead...a shame and poor customer service from the club

I did call Supporter Services just to let them know, the lady who answered (after another 8 minutes on hold) was polite, said she’d look at the website problem but wasn’t able to waive the booking fee

Seems a bit shortsighted to me

Surely cancelling the trip because of £2 is more shortsighted? Seems a shame…

31 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

How the hell do a few key strokes justify a £2 charge?

Bristol Sport have to supply staff, expensive hardware and software -  the booking fee is what absorbs that cost surely?

At my work we pay a monthly fee for each user for hardware, software, maintenance contracts etc etc to our central IT team who are non-profit and the charge for my 1 laptop and the various software I need is shocking.

Keeping systems going to provide a service is pricey.

36 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

How the hell do a few key strokes justify a £2 charge?

Somebody had to be there to do those key strokes and need a computer to do it on at least . 

I realised a while back that the price of  tickets for concerts , sporting events etc are just for the promoter and logically a company who sells those tickets needs to fund itself .

I understand, equally, that in the good old days we could see clearer why a booking fee was taken as tickets arrived in the post . 

It seems a shame for your son for the sake of £2.

By all means kick off about it, write a letter of complaint etc because it sounds really daft... but if going to the game was really about treating your son and not just added to the story for dramatic effect it seems a bit like you’re cutting your nose off to spite your face.

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Bristol Sport have to supply staff, expensive hardware and software -  the booking fee is what absorbs that cost surely?

At my work we pay a monthly fee for each user for hardware, software, maintenance contracts etc etc to our central IT team who are non-profit and the charge for my 1 laptop and the various software I need is shocking.

Keeping systems going to provide a service is pricey.

Yes, but surely that’s part of the costs involved in providing the product, same as the players wages, matchday staff, business rates etc etc. 

When you buy something in a shop you don’t expect to pay for the product and then an extra £1 to cover the cost of the checkout staff and the till? 

I just don’t get the need to charge £29 and a £1 booking fee, rather than just £30. 

I get it for away game tickets where we’re just providing the service. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Yes, but surely that’s part of the costs involved in providing the product, same as the players wages, matchday staff, business rates etc etc. 

When you buy something in a shop you don’t expect to pay for the product and then an extra £1 to cover the cost of the checkout staff and the till? 

I just don’t get the need to charge £29 and a £1 booking fee, rather than just £30. 

I get it for away game tickets where we’re just providing the service. 

I am guessing there are tax reasons for this? It would certainly make it easier from a costing point of view. A similar example would be CCJ's that are taken from someone's wages, companies can charge a nominal £1 admin fee for this and will record it separately for costing purposes and to ensure it doesn't get mixed in with the payments. 

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Booking fees really annoy me, whether booking tickets for football concerts or stage shows.  Cynical marketing ploy to give the impression that the tickets are cheaper than they actually are.

Yep. Would be like being charged £3.50 for a pint of beer, plus 30p glass charge. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Yep. Would be like being charged £3.50 for a pint of beer, plus 30p glass charge. 

If that pint of beer was being served by another company you would expect them to want a return for their service. 

If the pint of beer is owned and sold by the same company then the selling costs should be included in the price . 

Is this the case at City or are Bristol Sport handling the ticket sales ? 

2 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

I did buy the tickets, I realised I was cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I was annoyed by it.

Here's my email receipt...no booking fee when I buy online

image.png.51aa911c4bba87d910343cc249c3c55d.png

Good on yer! Hope you and you son enjoy it. 

That's weird, it clearly showed up this morning but I did try and buy it with logging on as a STH. 

Archived