IGNORED

Silly customer service

Paulton Red

Booking fees seem like a rip off. £20 membership is £20 plus £1 booking fee. What is the fee for? 
Same with concert tickets which at the moment seem to be 10% of ticket price. What is this fee for and why isn’t it incorporated in ticket price.

Someone somewhere is making a fortune out of these fees.

41 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

I did buy the tickets, I realised I was cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I was annoyed by it.

Here's my email receipt...no booking fee when I buy online

image.png.51aa911c4bba87d910343cc249c3c55d.png

Forget the booking fee, I would think you'd be more annoyed that you can't tell which row or seat you are sitting in... :ph34r:

The reason it is seperate is because it is an external system used on the Bristol Sport site. 

The company that provides the booking software let's Bristol Sport use it for 'free'. The booking fee goes directly to the company that provides the service, this is how they make their money, then Bristol City get the ticket money. 

It's just the way the software is built, and makes economic sense for both parties. 

The only downside is it looks like unnecessary add ons for the customer. 

7 hours ago, Paulton Red said:

Entered card details and got an ‘Error try again’ so tried again but got another error. So tried my credit card in case was an HSBC problem but same error- so clearly it was a website problem.

That's not how IT platforms work. It might have been a website error, it probably wasn't.

5 hours ago, italian dave said:

Yes, but surely that’s part of the costs involved in providing the product, same as the players wages, matchday staff, business rates etc etc. 

When you buy something in a shop you don’t expect to pay for the product and then an extra £1 to cover the cost of the checkout staff and the till? 

I just don’t get the need to charge £29 and a £1 booking fee, rather than just £30. 

I get it for away game tickets where we’re just providing the service. 

Exactly. If you go to a fish and chip shop and someone tries to charge you for the paper, you’re probably not going there again.

I know it’s different for card payments in corner shops but they can get in the bin too.

20 hours ago, Paulton Red said:

You don’t pay a booking fee if you buy online

20 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Yes you do, and have done for at least the last 4/5 years.

19 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Just checked, it doesn't come up initially but does at the checkout

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 13.03.04.png

18 hours ago, Spoons said:

Yes you do. 

18 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Incorrect 

You don't pay a booking fee if you print-at-home.

You do if you collect.

Archived