IGNORED

City in the top flight 76-80

Robbored

On 09/12/2019 at 13:14, HanwellRed said:

That Leeds game though, Dec 1976, abandoned at half time due to the fog.....was in the East End with my Dad, couldn't see beyond the edge of the penalty area & only had the odd glimpse of the orange ball. Pretty much the last time i can call us having a game called off because of fog......

Oxford and Torquay aways possibly should have been !

On 09/12/2019 at 13:14, HanwellRed said:

That Leeds game though, Dec 1976, abandoned at half time due to the fog.....was in the East End with my Dad, couldn't see beyond the edge of the penalty area & only had the odd glimpse of the orange ball. Pretty much the last time i can call us having a game called off because of fog......

That was my first ever City game! 

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I remember? A Boxing Day match at AG against QPR  called off for fog, waaaaaaaay back when, anyone put a date on it ? 

I vaguely remember this - early 60s. I think that we were 3-0 up. Peter Hooper scored a penalty against Peter Springett? Is that the one?

On 09/12/2019 at 05:33, Robbored said:

For us of a certain generation this book is an encyclopaedia of the four seasons City spent in the old first division 76-80. It’s truly fascinating and is full of photos, scores and matches, newspaper cuttings....ect, ect 

For me and I guess others that remember those days Its a real trip down memory lane.

Unfortunately the club turned down the request from the authors to sell the book in the club shop so it’s only available via the authors themselves. I have an email address if anyone is interested.

Its a hard back and a bargain at £25.

image.jpg

Thanks Robbered. Great gift idea for me, I mean my son, ahem, if I can get it here in time...

Just to let fans know that Matty will be in the SC&Trust bar from 1:30pm - 2-30pm on Saturday if anyone would like to take a look and/or buy his book.

I’ve had the chance this week to look thru the book more thoroughly - some terrific photos of the matches played in that era. I’m sure others of my generation would really appreciate them. It’s a real trip down memory lane!

It's a madness that the club shop doesn't stock this, and this topic leads well from the other thread about the store's lack of quality. I'm totally bewildered that they choose to overlook something that clearly strikes a hugely emotive and nostalgic chord with many of us, and instead chooses to stock complete and utter garbage! 

On 13/12/2019 at 07:29, Robbored said:

Just to let fans know that Matty will be in the SC&Trust bar from 1:30pm - 2-30pm on Saturday if anyone would like to take a look and/or buy his book.

I’ve had the chance this week to look thru the book more thoroughly - some terrific photos of the matches played in that era. I’m sure others of my generation would really appreciate them. It’s a real trip down memory lane!

@SuperDziek views? 

Archived