IGNORED

Will we welease Wodri ?

Major Isewater

12 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I think we should let him go. The amount of times he tried and failed an overhead kick.... 

That would come with coaching. 
He would have more time to execute an overhead in Spain but here he should have bundled the  ball over the line with whatever he could . ( not his hand obviously) 

His hold up play , back to goal looks promising  and for a small bloke he is strong.

I wonder Is he suffering from a lack of communication ? 

Anyhow , if he’s not on too much money , could he be a useful back up in the squad ? 

I think it also depends on how he has integrated into the club .

I think if we only sign one front man in January, he’ll stay until the end of the season - if it’s two, he’s gone. LJ won’t want to run the risk of another injury up front leaving us short, and with Rodri / one newcomer we will have four (+ Semenyo if not loaned) for what is now a front two. Running with any less than that and running the risk of suspensions/injury/loss of form would be madness for the limited extra amount Rodri is likely costing us. 

If Afobe has the best case prognosis of being back in March, I think we’ll sign one and keep Rodri pending that.

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think if we only sign one front man in January, he’ll stay until the end of the season - if it’s two, he’s gone. LJ won’t want to run the risk of another injury up front leaving us short, and with Rodri / one newcomer we will have four (+ Semenyo if not loaned) for what is now a front two. Running with any less than that and running the risk of suspensions/injury/loss of form would be madness for the limited extra amount Rodri is likely costing us. 

If Afobe has the best case prognosis of being back in March, I think we’ll sign one and keep Rodri pending that.

Very unlikely that, not due to the injury but obviously the awful personal situation.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The lad has seemingly disappeared from the match day squad after a few cameo roles , which were pretty mixed in fairness. 

Will we persevere  with him or will he be ‘ thanked ‘ ? 

I personally feel that he has the makings but needs coaching and games to get up to speed with the Championship.

Light years away from what we need......

Bloke's just not good enough.

36 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Light years away from what we need......

Bloke's just not good enough.

Is that your opinion or have you seen him play more than the odd few minutes that he’s been thrown onto the pitch for ?

Is it not a case of the player getting up to speed or can you explain why you don’t think he’s good enough ? 

We are surely going to sign one at least. But even if we don't we can recall Taylor, we have Watkins.

I guess if Rodri can play like Charlton performance regularly then keep him. But he has looked pretty poor twice since then.

37 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is that your opinion or have you seen him play more than the odd few minutes that he’s been thrown onto the pitch for ?

Is it not a case of the player getting up to speed or can you explain why you don’t think he’s good enough ? 

Have had a decent close up viewing when he's had run-outs with the U-23's...

Imo major not good enough by some way....

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The lad has seemingly disappeared from the match day squad after a few cameo roles , which were pretty mixed in fairness. 

Will we persevere  with him or will he be ‘ thanked ‘ ? 

I personally feel that he has the makings but needs coaching and games to get up to speed with the Championship.

Welease him..........he's a Biggus Dickus ! :P

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Looked useful against Charlton despite missing a couple of chances. 

Integral part of the build up to the winning goal - Rodri > KP > Josh > GOAL - so 2pts from him right there

It was always going to be difficult for him but I guess how he shows in training every day will have a big part to play in if LJ etc deem him useful to keep around until May. He can;t be on too many pesetas so might be worth keeping just in case 

Archived