Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Player of the season thus far

Listen to OSIB and they posed the question of "who would your player of the season be so far?"

This got me thinking about how many players could hold this title. 

Nagy, Bentley, Massengo, Eliasson, Fam...

The list is endless. So, who is your player of the season so far, and why? 

Edited by Badger08
10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Too early to judge but my candidates would be Eliasson, Massengo and Williams. All three have been impressive so far......

Wasn’t the title “player of the season thus far”? How can it be too early to judge? 😂

My choice would be Bentley for player of the season so far. 

Edited by Edge1981
  • Like 11
  • Flames 1

I’ve solved this...

Goalkeeper of the season: Bentley

Captain of the season: Brownhill

Free signing of the season: Williams

Etc, etc.

Its going to be one of those glorious seasons when we have so much quality throughout the team that no one should miss out on these awards. 😀

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Listen to OSIB and they posed the question of "who would your player of the season be so far?"

This got me thinking about how many players could hold this title. 

Nagy, Bentley, Massengo, Eliasson, Fam...

The list is endless. So, who is your player of the season so far, and why? 

Bentley for me so far. Fam’s recent good form is exactly that, recent. Nagy has only played a few games although outstanding , same with Nicky . Massengo has the potential to be top class. Could put a case for most of the regular starters really.

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’ve solved this...

Etc, etc.

Its going to be one of those glorious seasons when we have so much quality throughout the team that no one should miss out on these awards. 😀

If it had to be just one, I would go with Bentley. He has made so many crucial saves and his distribution and his kicking (from hand or dead ball) has been superb. 

But I go with RedM on this, except I would add Eliasson but,  as has been said above, picking out players from this squad is unfair. They have all been great - especially during the last two games.

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’ve solved this...

Etc, etc.

Good way of doing it, M!

i’ll add one more

Marley Watkins of the season: Marley Watkins

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I was going to say Bentley followed by Rowe but then when I consider where Rowe came from and that he came on a free then I think that makes him player of the season. But then 2 million for Bentley also sounds very reasonable and if we were to sell him today his value would be upwards of 5 million easily.

Brownhill and Hunt compete for most improved player but then could add Moore into that aswell.

Singing of the season would be another tough one, Williams, Bentley and HNM compete for that but now Nagy is fit again he is putting himself into contention also. 

• Like 1