IGNORED

Best supported side ! We already knew the truth

phantom

• Admin
22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure how we can be criticising a club with the support they have. 

Last comment on this topic from me as clearly the point I was trying to make hasn't come across very well

But AGAIN there was no criticism about the club just how their "super" support has fallen away

See you all in another thread :sub:

31 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I was there a couple of weeks ago for the Man City game. 

For a midday kick off (admittedly against one of the best sides in the country) they had nearly 50k there, we could only dream of such crowds. 

In addition to that, the atmosphere was fantastic and certainly helped the side bring themselves back into it. 

How anyone can criticise is beyond me

If the council had supported our Ashton Vale project we could have been nearer to their average gate.

What was it 30,000 with potential up to 40,000 ? 

It still rankles with me even though the redevelopment of Ashton Gate is a big success the failure to drive the new stadium through may , one day , cost us . 

15000 additional fans at a stadium certainly would help with FFP . 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Four time in 100 years under 20k.

Says it all.

Massive attendances for a town half the size of Bristol.

The population of the Newcastle urban area is about a million people

Giving away free tickets or selling cheap tickets may be a good idea, but doesn't it p**s of those who have had to pay full price?

Half season tickets are a good idea and hopefully those who buy them will become full season ticket holders of the future.

What the club could consider is making tickets in the front 2 or 3 rows cheaper and discounting areas of the ground that are harder to sell for those who are struggling with costs.

Whilst we are at it, I am getting fed up seeing all the empty seats in the prawn sandwich section.  Is there something we can do about that?

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Four time in 100 years under 20k.

Says it all.

Massive attendances for a town half the size of Bristol.

Population Newcastle 310,000, population Bristol 459,000 = 50% bigger not double the size but yes their attendances are very good, but don't forget Bristol is a two club city ( I know easy to forget)

Archived