IGNORED

Customer Focus

Adge's Cider Mug

So, it’s raining and blowing a mini gale. Got down to the Gate at 6.00pm expecting to have a couple or so pints of Cheddar Valley and a goat curry. Whilst dodging the showers got told by a steward that ground isn’t being opened until 6.30. Wow, I thought the intention was to persuade us to spend as much money in the ground as possible. More difficult to do that if we’re not inside - there’s only so long you can spend in the Sports Bar.

Never seen the ground open so late. Anyone know why? 

4 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

So, it’s raining and blowing a mini gale. Got down to the Gate at 6.00pm expecting to have a couple or so pints of Cheddar Valley and a goat curry. Whilst dodging the showers got told by a steward that ground isn’t being opened until 6.30. Wow, I thought the intention was to persuade us to spend as much money in the ground as possible. More difficult to do that if we’re not inside - there’s only so long you can spend in the Sports Bar.

They wouldn't let you in, they wouldn't let me out (to get some food). They said there are outlets inside the stadium - trouble is, the catering in the stadium is pretty woeful

1 hour ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

What do you mean stop moaning? It was raining and windy outside. You might like that, but if it’s OK by you, I don’t.

Never been to a game where the ground hasn’t been open less than an hour and a half before kick off.

‘Fake news’? Nah, irritating reality.

If like you said you got to the ground at 6 I'm sure 30 minutes in the sports bar is ok till 6.30 when ground opens. 

Some people never happy. The facilities now are better than they ever have been for having a beer etc. 

8 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

They wouldn't let you in, they wouldn't let me out (to get some food). They said there are outlets inside the stadium - trouble is, the catering in the stadium is pretty woeful

? Normally I’d agree about the food, but just fancied trying the curry, which wasn’t bad.

44 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If like you said you got to the ground at 6 I'm sure 30 minutes in the sports bar is ok till 6.30 when ground opens. 

Some people never happy. The facilities now are better than they ever have been for having a beer etc. 

You’re missing the point. I wanted to go into the ground for reasons already stated. It wasn’t open and it was less than 1 1/2 hours to kick off. As you said, facilities better than they ever have been but they’re no good if they’re not open.

’Some people never happy’? If commenting and questioning why the ground wasn’t open so soon before kickoff  when the weather is shite and there is limited cover unless you want to be packed into the Sports Bar puts me into your category of moaners, so be it. I call it a reasonable challenge to the club.

16 minutes ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

? Normally I’d agree about the food, but just fancied trying the curry, which wasn’t bad.

The food I had was quite nice. It's just that the queue barely moved, which meant that it took the whole of half time to get something. And even then, £1.50 for a bar of chocolate is a rip-off

Not criticising the original post but used to prefer it when you went to the pub for a pint, the chippy for food and the stadium to watch football (in the open end even if it was raining and blowing a gale) 

I had understand it is called progress but not really my preference. Seem to remember the atmosphere being better then with only half the attendances we get now.

42 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

Not criticising the original post but used to prefer it when you went to the pub for a pint, the chippy for food and the stadium to watch football (in the open end even if it was raining and blowing a gale) 

I had understand it is called progress but not really my preference. Seem to remember the atmosphere being better then with only half the attendances we get now.

Totally agree PR. Would have done what I normally do and drink at the cricket club but it was shut, always does when Millwall are in town.

And as for atmosphere, again 100% agree.

I don’t tend to get to Gate until around 45 mins before kick off for a pint and a catch up so this does not really affect me but if I ever wanted to have a couple of beers and get something to eat I would have expected to breeze in to an already  half full concourse around 6 for a night game so I do find this slightly shocking and gut feel is that 6:30 is late irrespective of there being facilities outside !!

20 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

Sports bar was open 

food outlets open

you can use the food outlets and take it into the sports bar 

don’t understand why you are morning about 

21 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

With the benefit of hindsight, I wish it had stayed closed all night.

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Sports bar was open 

food outlets open

you can use the food outlets and take it into the sports bar 

don’t understand why you are morning about 

We’re you in the Sports Bar last night? It was pretty rammed, so why would I want all the hassle of trying to juggle beer and food when shoulder to shoulder with everyone else? Surely you can understand that?

On 11/12/2019 at 17:51, Mangled Wurzel said:

We’re you in the Sports Bar last night? It was pretty rammed, so why would I want all the hassle of trying to juggle beer and food when shoulder to shoulder with everyone else? Surely you can understand that?

No I am unable to understand it

there was five of us we all got food out side and a drink at the bar 

yes it was busy 

would you like the club to let you in early and have waiters service to your seat

On 11/12/2019 at 15:04, Meh said:

I don’t tend to get to Gate until around 45 mins before kick off for a pint and a catch up so this does not really affect me but if I ever wanted to have a couple of beers and get something to eat I would have expected to breeze in to an already  half full concourse around 6 for a night game so I do find this slightly shocking and gut feel is that 6:30 is late irrespective of there being facilities outside !!

Gates open at, therefore concourse becomes available at 6.15pm on night games, as a general rule.

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

No I am unable to understand it

there was five of us we all got food out side and a drink at the bar 

yes it was busy 

would you like the club to let you in early and have waiters service to your seat

WTF are you on about, you nause? I expect the ground to be open before it was. Not asking for the earth is it?  If you can’t comprehend my point of view, them put me on ignore. 

9 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

WTF are you on about, you nause? I expect the ground to be open before it was. Not asking for the earth is it?  If you can’t comprehend my point of view, them put me on ignore. 

So it’s all about  you

i was just stating we had no problems 

there more important things in life

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

So it’s all about  you

i was just stating we had no problems 

there more important things in life

All about me? Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. I was pointing out that the ground was late opening. Other responses in this thread agree.

Of course it’s relatively minor, but it was still irritating given the weather. We also have other problems which are minor, but problems nonetheless.

it seemed to me that you were just looking for an argument. I’ll leave it there.

2 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

All about me? Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. I was pointing out that the ground was late opening. Other responses in this thread agree.

Of course it’s relatively minor, but it was still irritating given the weather. We also have other problems which are minor, but problems nonetheless.

it seemed to me that you were just looking for an argument. I’ll leave it there.

It was late, yes.

Ground- well I say ground, I mean in the stands Usually opens at 6.15pm- that's on you in part for not doing your homework if you're referring to that. Sports Bar maybe different granted!

• Admin

As we are building up to the Christmas period I am guessing parts of the ground were being used for an event in the daytime, hence the reason for the later opening

Should the club has publicised this fact - yes they should. BUT maybe there was just a delay in clearing something away and it was a real last minute problem

I haven't heard but I would suspect that the sports bar will be off limits after the game tomorrow, as that seems to be a regular thing around Christmas when functions are taking place there later in the evening

Archived