IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 21

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

Am I alone in thinking Millwall are due some credit? They've stopped us playing any sort of game, only allowing Baker and Williams the ball. Pressed us well, done their homework on Eliasson and double marked him and move the ball quickly and with purpose. 

They look well organised to me.

They have outplayed us all over the pitch. They look good.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Certainly not giving up. I was just simply stating this is what we do...

Concede goals during football matches?

Not consistently win matches whilst playing brilliantly?

Face teams that are well drilled, organised and also want to win?

I’m not clear on what it is ‘we always do’

Liverpool are doing well - could be more your thing? 

We’re a great counter attacking team but so are Millwall and we can’t play against it when the onus is on us to dominate the ball. We seen it time and time again last season and the season before that, we can’t break teams like this down. Hoping to be proved wrong in the second half 

2 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Am I alone in thinking Millwall are due some credit? They've stopped us playing any sort of game, only allowing Baker and Williams the ball. Pressed us well, done their homework on Eliasson and double marked him and move the ball quickly and with purpose. 

They look well organised to me.

Totally, but the players are slow on figuring out a solution. We need to get players in and around the man on the ball, everyone is running away from them at the moment and it’s too easy for Millwall to cut off the passing lanes. The one bright moment that lead to Brownhills shot was some players getting in close and creating some triangles. 

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

We rarely score at the Atyeo end this season. Millwall won the toss so this was inevitable.

Or am I just imagining that and straw clutching. Someone on here must have the stats on which end we've scored our goals at AG this season...

Since the ground redev I think someone pointed out it was 65%+ at the south end 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Totally, but the players are slow on figuring out a solution. We need to get players in and around the man on the ball, everyone is running away from them at the moment and it’s too easy for Millwall to cut off the passing lanes. The one bright moment that lead to Brownhills shot was some players getting in close and creating some triangles. 

Absolutely. Our response has been far too pedestrian. We look backwards every time we have the ball. 

Bossed by Millwall that half.

They were by far the better team tbf - looked like the home team.

We look slow and very soft.

No tempo and no real shape, players too deep and allowing Millwall to dictate.

Are Diedhiou and Weimann on the pitch ? Yes, but they would have to have binoculars to see the  midfield.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Having played some very decent football recently...that was awful at every level. Second best, capped off with a poor goal.

Only good news is surely we have to get better second half. He says in hope.

Spot on. The contrast tonight compared with our last two games is remarkable! After a lively opening three minutes, which included a great chance to take the lead, we have been woeful. This is where LJ needs to earn his corn. TBH if I were the manager I wouldn’t know where to start with the half time team talk, other than giving everyone a real earful! 

IMO our team performance against Fulham was the best of the season and that 45 minutes is close to our worse team performance of the season.

Archived