IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 21

Septic Peg

• Admin
Just now, glos old boy said:

Same old, same old from all our players and management, they give you hope then take it away. Its a bitter pill to swallow for sure.

So it goes on to the next game.

We've seen it time and time again for decades 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

No.

In English? 

Only Eliasson can be happy with his performance tonight.

I think this one must be laid at the feet of the coaching staff. Changes could have been made earlier.

Too many players were off colour and lacked spark . 

I feel it was a case that recent matches and events have caught up with them. 

What’s so disappointing is that this is so typical of City . How many of us secretly knew what would the performance would be like ?

Any how , I am proud of them all and hope they get ‘ right ‘ for Saturday.

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He didn’t match up because we’re at home, so we should be taking the initiative, not trying to counter the opposition 

But if your plan A doesn’t work, then all you can do is counter? I’d love for us to have set out a team to take it to millwall from the off, but we didn’t, that’s football and we can only go on from there!

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

We were crying out for Korey 

Hands down worst home performance of the season, were we starting to believe all the hype 

We can turn  it on against Fulham and can't be arsed against Millwall. Fair play to them though they sussed us out and wanted it more, and to hold on during our 10 minute spell,  they deserved the win.

For just about the first time ever I couldn't bring myself to clap the players for that performance afterwards.

Can we just pretend that didn’t happen? Shocking, Millwall executed a gameplan against us perfectly. Credit to Rowett.

When teams get physical and organised against us too many of our players don’t fancy it and the quality goes out the window which is why we couldn’t find that pass/cross or opportunity.

We need to grow a pair and be prepared to scrap, this league isn’t total football week in week out. 

That said, we’ve had a good season so far and only a few days to put it right against Blackburn and hopefully a kick up the ass that kick starts another run. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Only Eliasson can be happy with his performance tonight.

I think this one must be laid at the feet of the coaching staff. Changes could have been made earlier.

Too many players were off colour and lacked spark . 

I feel it was a case that recent matches and events have caught up with them. 

What’s so disappointing is that this is so typical of City . How many of us secretly knew what would the performance would be like ?

Any how , I am proud of them all and hope they get ‘ right ‘ for Saturday.

@Major Isewater as much as I give you stick on here, you have hit the nail on the head here

• Admin
1 minute ago, RedDave said:

No. Watched it though. Couldn’t make it tonight as working 200 miles away. 

Don't mean to sound rude as you are one of the posters on here I'll always respect and agree with,  but guessing watching on TV didn't give a true reflection 

2 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

We still have a decent chance of going up. Would you still replace him then? 

Don't fool yourself we are not going up this season, i expect 8th or 9th max.

To kick this football club on to the next level we need a great coach at the helm.

Johnson has done ok but has reached his limit.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't mean to sound rude as you are one of the posters on here I'll always respect and agree with,  but guessing watching on TV didn't give a true reflection 

I haven’t really commented on us tonight. We were poor. Partly because of us but also quite a lot to do with Millwall quality off the ball. 

I won’t get too carried away after Fulham and won’t get too down tonight. 

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

what exactly is wrong with moaning after a home defeat, how can you be happy about it, the moaners are quite right to be miffed.

Amazing isn't it when they play well as they have done recently they are rightly praised, why when they are disappointing AS in tonight is it suddenly wrong to have a little moan, don't get it myself it's human nature to feel let down.

Reoccurring theme winning away and struggling at home. With such a big squad he should have utilised this with simple changes to freshen it up. Surprised he didn’t as swapping both full backs and 1 midfielder is his usual tactic.

Millwall played to their strengths and fully deserved win. Its another case of 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.....

• Admin
1 minute ago, brad blit said:

Reoccurring theme winning away and struggling at home. With such a big squad he should have utilised this with simple changes to freshen it up. Surprised he didn’t as swapping both full backs and 1 midfielder is his usual tactic.

Millwall played to their strengths and fully deserved win. Its another case of 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.....

The worst thing is how often over the past seasons we say the same thing 

Archived