IGNORED

Bristol City v Millwall Match Day 21

Septic Peg

I don't think there was anything wrong with tactics, team selection or substitutions.

The players just made too many errors. Too many mis-placed passes (even Nagy and Massengo were off!), too many poor crosses, lapses of concentration.

The team and tactics were right. Even the effort was fine. Just too much human error from too many players.

Bad night at the office.

8 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

I find it quite amazing how many fans on here have faith in Johnson and actually believe he is taking us places wake up! These types of games are a recurring thing under Johnson, and it will always be the same with him in charge! Thanks lee and goodbye! 

Thank God someone else can see the same as me..... Done a good job but will never get us promoted.... 

33 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Don't fool yourself we are not going up this season, i expect 8th or 9th max.

To kick this football club on to the next level we need a great coach at the helm.

Johnson has done ok but has reached his limit.

Ok..........so who is this great coach?  Names please.

46 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

I find it quite amazing how many fans on here have faith in Johnson and actually believe he is taking us places wake up! These types of games are a recurring thing under Johnson, and it will always be the same with him in charge! Thanks lee and goodbye! 

Missed your input after saturdays match, weird how you’ve returned tonight though...

43 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Don't fool yourself we are not going up this season, i expect 8th or 9th max.

To kick this football club on to the next level we need a great coach at the helm.

Johnson has done ok but has reached his limit.

Good to hear. 

You got next weeks lottery numbers as well since you’re so good at for telling the future...

40 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't think there was anything wrong with tactics, team selection or substitutions.

The players just made too many errors. Too many mis-placed passes (even Nagy and Massengo were off!), too many poor crosses, lapses of concentration.

The team and tactics were right. Even the effort was fine. Just too much human error from too many players.

Bad night at the office.

Agree with all of that, but I think we also lacked pace. Build ups were slow, off the ball movement was non existent at times. Too much a little bit forwards, sideways, backwards passing. We only got fired up in the final few minutes. Should have come out really having a go at them in the second half.

Very disappointing.

59 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

How can the 11 players picked not be motivated for 80mins with so much at steak?.... Big chances to cement our position at crucial times Wigan, Barnsley and now Millwall I'm sorry but that comes down to management.   

Management yes but just look at the first few minutes, the Lino on the lansdown side could not keep up with the play and when he did he had to wait for the ref to decide whose ball it was. Brownhill had 4 easy balls passed to him in good position and he lost every one, he followed that up by dropping deep, losing possession was the same through most of the team only Elliasson and Weimann seemed to have any interest in going forward. I felt for Bents when the first goal went in, diving to his left his foot slipped so he got no momentum, 2nd goal was mostly annoying because the ref got it wrong, there was no foul.

It was clear 15/20 mins in that we were losing the midfield.  Whilst 442 worked in the previous 2 games, it wasn't tonight.  I would have gone 352 after 20/25 mins and at half time at the latest.

We seemed to be half a yard off the pace and second to every ball.  You could be forgiven for thinking they were all out on the piss last night.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

We are??? Were we  not 2nd top in December two seasons ago?

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Ah yes it’s where you are in December that matters. Forgot. Sorry.  Milk one sugar please 

If you don’t think where we are in December matters, why have you continually posted tonight that we are ‘fourth’ in the table?!

9 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I wouldn't want to be in LJ's shoes for the next game. Where the hell do you go after that performance?

Switch back to three CBs.....stick with this shape....how the hell do you look at the last 3 games and draw any conclusions from

10 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I wouldn't want to be in LJ's shoes for the next game. Where the hell do you go after that performance?

Switch back to three CBs.....stick with this shape....how the hell do you look at the last 3 games and draw any conclusions from that??

No simply recall marley warkins and your bristol city captain baaailey wrrright

6 minutes ago, Oops said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-explains-bristol-citys-3630130

If anyone can actually understand this fountain of crap, please explain it to everyone.

Total waffle from beginning to end; given the standard BP treatment by the 12 year old sub-editor as well.

Just a load of babble.

For me it was simple. Millwall were up for it and wanted it more. Our lot thought they would stroll it after the good win at Fulham.

The approach and mentality for every game has to be 100% right. Everyone needs to pull their weight and bust a gut to get the 3 points we need from every encounter.

Sometimes you just got to give it straight to the players who didn't perform to the best of their ability, and find out why.

Some require the hair-dryer approach, others require a kinder method, but it has to be done.

I'll be at the Blackburn game doing my bit from the stands, but after dropping those three precious points last night, I almost wish I had something better to do on Saturday.

Archived