IGNORED

Let's talk about, the start of the game.

Prinny

1 hour ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

I just hope LJ doesn't over tinker after that. That was still possibly our best starting 11, with some fatigue / complacency creeping in. A couple of those players have only just come back from longer term injury and are then expected to play 3 full games in a week already. Our current options on the bench are a bit worrying and there are not really any obvious options for improvement.

It appeared that they were encouraging us to give it to Baker as they knew he was less creative. I wonder if he'll swap for Moore at the weekend to give us another option.

Good observation about baker. He was often put in that situation where he was coming out of defence with the ball . 

10 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Totally agree.  Weinman should have put his laces through it , our tails would have been up then totally different game.  Still , Millwalls performance was the same as ours on Saturday , that’s the beauty of this league  anyone can beat anyone.  

An excuse that managers have been grateful for in this division for a long time. 

Makes you wonder why some have a £70m budget and others a £10m one sometimes. 

10 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think it depends on what you mean by effort. For me we got beat to every 50/50 ball, we showed lack of concentration with so many heavy touches that caused us to lose possession, our central midfielders were generally lazy not finding gaps behind the forwards but instead dropping deep and taking turns passing to Baker and Williams. For me these are all effort and caring things and think we fell way short on that. 

Well every time we won the ball we tried to attack at pace. So positive intent. There was movement off the ball, but the passing was careless and the crossing poor.

Right idea, shoddy execution. 

2 hours ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

I just hope LJ doesn't over tinker after that. That was still possibly our best starting 11, with some fatigue / complacency creeping in. A couple of those players have only just come back from longer term injury and are then expected to play 3 full games in a week already. Our current options on the bench are a bit worrying and there are not really any obvious options for improvement.

It appeared that they were encouraging us to give it to Baker as they knew he was less creative. I wonder if he'll swap for Moore at the weekend to give us another option.

Moore for Baker was the sub I wanted at about 60 mins (if not half time). They were too happy letting Baker be the man on the ball. TM could have added an extra man in midfield at times bringing the ball out and disrupting their shape. 

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well every time we won the ball we tried to attack at pace. So positive intent. There was movement off the ball, but the passing was careless and the crossing poor.

Right idea, shoddy execution. 

I thought our movement was poor last night. Lots of running away and behind the defenders rather than into space and getting closer to the man with the ball. Nagy and Massengo were both guilty of this, which is strange as it’s a lot of what their game is built on. 

Talk on RB afterwards was all about how we only came to life in the last 12 minutes. 

However, as the OP hints, we actually did look quite classy in the opening 5-10 as well, but the soft goal really took all the wind out of our sails.

Funny how much confidence affects matches. Millwall suddenly were making inch perfect passes whereas we couldn't even do the simple stuff.

15 hours ago, Prinny said:

Weimann misses a golden chance to score or create a goal. Massengo wastes a through ball opportunity. Nagy gives the ball away poorly in midfield.

Rowe and Bentley are asleep and we concede a truly pathetic goal.

The difference between us scoring the first goal and conceding it is MASSIVE as it is for most teams, but especially those who lack quality.

If you think the third highest goal scorers don't need more quality up front and going forwards... I point you to this game.

On to the January transfer window, we need more to be a serious contender. On to Cincinnati.

The Bengals have a good striker ?

13 hours ago, dave36 said:

Classic LJ

Actually this was I think the whole source of the problem last night. Jed was at us from the start. Frightened by the ease he created space - so we lost two very insignificant players _ Weimann moved left to keep closer watch on JW as Elliason's less good at defending. This meant also that Elliason was moved to the other flank where he was much less effective. That and Weimann playing deeper and in a more defensive role upset the balance completely. Also begs the question - was the problem Rowe??

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly thus!

We were crap everywhere...Not one player had better than a 6 and most were a four...LJ wouldn't even do his post match presser and Radio Drivel went straight to Boney M.

I am disgusted and whats gripping my shit even more is posters singling out individuals....THEY WERE ALL ******* RUBBISH!

LJ, Holden et al  must be going ******* nuts.  

Agree.

Shameful and inexcusable lacklustre performances.

What the fck is the matter with them?

A team of Jekyll and Hydes.

3 hours ago, extonsred said:

Actually this was I think the whole source of the problem last night. Jed was at us from the start. Frightened by the ease he created space - so we lost two very insignificant players _ Weimann moved left to keep closer watch on JW as Elliason's less good at defending. This meant also that Elliason was moved to the other flank where he was much less effective. That and Weimann playing deeper and in a more defensive role upset the balance completely. Also begs the question - was the problem Rowe??

So we had no idea that Wallace might be a bit good? Then we found out and decided the best way to recover from 1-0 down was to go one up front and play our other striker as an extra left back? Was that the plan?

Archived