IGNORED

Praise for one player - Ash Williams

Port Said Red

Williams was one of the few City players to emerge with credit from tonight. He saved us from a more embarrassing scoreline on more than one occssion.

It seems obvious that the team were instructed to keep possession at all costs but not necessarily do anything with it.  AW was playing to these instructions as clearly everyone was. I don't think you can blame him for following Johnson's orders.

He did at least bring the ball out sometimes.

9 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Well there is that, I suppose. He was mistake-prone too though. Him and Massengo (anonymous) were very disappointing. As for Brownhill, he just looked weak and cold. We need Smith back

Thought Nagy was definitely one of our better players. Always wanted the ball and kept possession well, drove forward but there were no options going forward for him to pass to. Also thought Fam did well with virtually no service once again.

40 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Thought Nagy was definitely one of our better players. Always wanted the ball and kept possession well, drove forward but there were no options going forward for him to pass to. Also thought Fam did well with virtually no service once again.

Fam did play well and showed a lot of passion. Very underrated player. I remember groaning at least four times because Nagy made a misplaced pass or the ball bounced off him and went out of play. And Massengo barely did anything

15 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Exactly my point mate and we’ve replaced him with an aged centre back not renowned for his ball playing exploits so either way the recruitment of Williams was wrong or when we play with him and baker we shouldn’t play out as neither are very good at it. 

Just my opinion 

Actually Williams was renowned for his ball playing exploits at Swansea and was at the time linked with Arsenal because of it.

13 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

It seems obvious that the team were instructed to keep possession at all costs but not necessarily do anything with it.

You think it was Johnson's plan to not do anything with the ball?

Or are you looking for someone to blame when probably the players had an off day, or were thwarted by a well drilled opposition...

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

You think it was Johnson's plan to not do anything with the ball?

Or are you looking for someone to blame when probably the players had an off day, or were thwarted by a well drilled opposition...

Bit of all three TBH, @Coxy27

I'm sure keeping possession had been stressed but probably the virtue of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" seemingly not. They all played like it. Timidly. The gaffer also ballsed up a bit when he switched Eliasson and Weimann's wings and made Brownhill stick rigidly to a dead central role.

However, below par individual performances and Millwall gaining massive confidence from the early goal, and being a well-drilled side, were just as important.

Archived