19 Derby County 38 9 9 20 41 59 0.695 27
20 Stoke 38 8 10 20 41 64 0.641 26

1 minute ago, !james said:

Championship 15/16 18th

Championship 16/17 17th

Championship 17/18 11th

Championship 18/19 8th

Progression. 

Genuine question, what do we say if we finish 12th this season for example? I think we are a long way off being a playoff side and can see the grind of december and January causing us to drop out of the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

We've progressed over the course of nearly 200 games and that's luck? 

Put it this way, our current team is worse than our team of two years ago IMO. But we could still finish higher because the quality of the division this year is much worse. There's also a lot of luck in it because Johnson doesn't seem to know what he's doing from one game to the next. We don't play like we've progressed. 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Some people enjoy being negative

Hard not to when the football is shit

18 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think that's more luck than anything, tbh

So when it’s your stat about a brilliant start to the season we had 2 years ago it’s fine. 

And yet when somebody shows the actual progression we’ve made on the pitch over the last 5 years it’s luck. 

You couldn’t make it up...

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Put it this way, our current team is worse than our team of two years ago IMO. But we could still finish higher because the quality of the division this year is much worse. There's also a lot of luck in it because Johnson doesn't seem to know what he's doing from one game to the next. We don't play like we've progressed. 

Hard not to when the football is shit

I presume you weren’t there on Saturday then, or for Huddersfield?

Tbh I’d be happy with shit football and being 4th in the league, I’d hate to know how awful you must have felt when we were in the bottom four in league one just over 5 years ago...

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So when it’s your stat about a brilliant start to the season we had 2 years ago it’s fine. 

And yet when somebody shows the actual progression we’ve made on the pitch over the last 5 years it’s luck. 

You couldn’t make it up...

I didn't say anything about a brilliant start to the season two years ago. I said we were a better team, and I stand by that regardless of league position. 

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I didn't say anything about a brilliant start to the season two years ago. I said we were a better team, and I stand by that regardless of league position. 

So your thread with a picture of the table from around this time 2 years ago under a title ‘the progress we have made in the last two years’ has nothing to do with the start to the season we had 2 years ago? Right...

And our side 2 years back is by no means better than the one we have today, minus Bobby Reid there’s not a single player I’d have over who we’ve got now (when everyone is fit)

Just now, JBFC II said:

So your thread with a picture of the table from around this time 2 years ago under a title ‘the progress we have made in the last two years’ has nothing to do with the start to the season we had 2 years ago? Right...

And our side 2 years back is by no means better than the one we have today, minus Bobby Reid there’s not a single player I’d have over who we’ve got now (when everyone is fit)

Er... I didn't start the thread or post that. Think you have me mixed up with someone else.

It's not about individuals, it's about how we play as a team, philosophy, tactics etc. But I would have Smith, Bryan, Flint, and probably one or two others too

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Er... I didn't start the thread or post that. Think you have me mixed up with someone else.

It's not about individuals, it's about how we play as a team, philosophy, tactics etc. But I would have Smith, Bryan, Flint, and probably one or two others too

Is that the same smith who can’t get in our squad because he’s not as good as what we currently have?

Joe Bryan over Dasilva, haha

And Flint over Kalas/Williams, give me a break...

And our tactics that got us to that position totally tired the team out and we struggled post Christmas to stay in the top half, so no I wouldn’t take the gung ho tactics of then now

38 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think that's more luck than anything, tbh

Six seasons of consecutive league position improvement, over 250 games, including a promotion, while never working with more than a midtable budget, while also rebuilding our stadium, increasing our attendances and enjoying a run to the semi finals of a major cup competition....is “more down to luck than anything”...?????

This utter horseshit is a timely reminder of why I promised myself I’d spend less time on here.

Good night everyone.

20 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We’ve got a better keeper, better central defenders, full backs on a par at worst when fit, a much better central midfield, better wide options (Eliasson is clearly much better than he was two years ago, for example). Up front we are weaker but hardly a result of lack of effort from the club. This is a much stronger team than two years ago.

Of course there is some progression but it’s the dips in performance that are so worrying, we are where we are at the moment due to the way the championship is. We follow up 2 really good performances with the dross we saw tonight, we set up badly from the start, thats not down to anything other than the leadership! Massengo should have been rested, Palmer is not and never will be the answer!

There is an element of luck in our position which is due in part to other factors rather than how good we as a team are, which is not helped by the management-  I don’t know what the problem is but the last 10 minutes tonight showed there is something very wrong with our team setup 80 minutes totally outplayed and 10 minutes at the end looking like world beaters!

2 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

We’ve got a better keeper, better central defenders, full backs on a par at worst when fit, a much better central midfield, better wide options (Eliasson is clearly much better than he was two years ago, for example). Up front we are weaker but hardly a result of lack of effort from the club. This is a much stronger team than two years ago.

Much better midfield? We had Brownhill two years ago, and I would argue that Smith is better than Nagy and Massengo. Based on what i saw today anyway. Also, our centre backs aren't that exceptional

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Six seasons of consecutive league position improvement, over 250 games, including a promotion, while never working with more than a midtable budget, while also rebuilding our stadium, increasing our attendances and enjoying a run to the semi finals of a major cup competition....is “more down to luck than anything”...?????

This utter horseshit is a timely reminder of why I promised myself I’d spend less time on here.

Good night everyone.

It's got nothing to do with the stadium 

Archived