Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

Kasey Palmer

43 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought Brownhill was outstanding last 20 minutes

Pretty much the whole team came alive, whether panic or newly found urgency we looked a different side from the first 75  minutes .
All of a sudden there was movement and players becoming available, Brownhill all of a sudden was demanding the ball and trying to force the pace and make things happen. 

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Pretty much the whole team came alive, whether panic or newly found urgency we looked a different side from the first 75  minutes .
All of a sudden there was movement and players becoming available, Brownhill all of a sudden was demanding the ball and trying to force the pace and make things happen. 

I think that collectively they were tired and were pacing themselves so as to last the full match .

When they realised that time was running out they just gave everything they had , which was very nearly enough.

I think the coaching staff should have brought on the subs much , much earlier. They recognised that the team weren’t at it after twenty minutes , LJ said so . So why didn’t they put on two fresh players to boost the energy level ? 

I suppose they must have had their reasons but I believe they got it wrong .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Looked like he’d thrown himself to the floor but they didn’t show a replayed. Corner was far enough out to be defended too.

From where I was sat looked like the defender bought it. Should have defended a cross from there better too.

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think that collectively they were tired and were pacing themselves so as to last the full match .

When they realised that time was running out they just gave everything they had , which was very nearly enough.

I think the coaching staff should have brought on the subs much , much earlier. They recognised that the team weren’t at it after twenty minutes , LJ said so . So why didn’t they put on two fresh players to boost the energy level ? 

I suppose they must have had their reasons but I believe they got it wrong .

I said in the pub before the game, I thought LJ would (should) rest Massingo or Nagy and bring Korey in, I may have been tempted to play COD in stead of Weimann . My point being that we should have freshened the team up a little after a hard game Saturday. I couldn't believe that KS didn't even make the bench considering  how much running they must have done Saturday.  I think LJ dropped a bollock with the squad selection, I also think he was wrong when he said the problem wasn't tactical. There were a lot of players not on it, but we were also out fought and out thought. I did think, with Weimann not really turning up, COD may have come on for him and we play with 2 wingers , but more proactive subs may have helped a little.
Not sure what changes we can make for Saturday , but I think there may be a tweak or two.

I really don't rate Palmer and I didn't last season either. I was surprised that we signed him so long after Kalas and Dasilva. If we had signed him first then I could understand it as an incentive for them to join. But as the weeks passed I was convinced we weren't going to bother and to be honest I'm not totally convinced that we should have done. I would rather have Paterson back personally. I know that Palmer was sublime away to QPR and has had the odd other good game, but frankly if a guy only performs at best one time out of four I'm not sure that I would be overly worried about him shagging my missus.

On 10/12/2019 at 22:28, marcofisher said:

In his defence, it was never a foul for the second goal.

I was miles away, but I thought it was very soft free-kick.

I thought the game was crying out for him to start. It was obvious that they were going to play huge centre backs up against Fam, endless crossing was never going to work and just played into their hands. Our game plan was very predictable and played into Millwall’s strengths.

we picked out Cooper from every cross pretty much.

Could've done with keeping the ball on the deck with more runners from midfield.

I got a little angry the other night watching Kasey. To be fair, he's probably low on confidence and recent tragic events will surely have had an impact. Let's be honest, on his day he can be a huge player for us. 
My single issue with him is his work rate off the ball - or distinct lack if it. He wonders in and out of position so much leaving gaping holes for the opposition to exploit. 

1 hour ago, Brooko said:

I got a little angry the other night watching Kasey. To be fair, he's probably low on confidence and recent tragic events will surely have had an impact. Let's be honest, on his day he can be a huge player for us. 
My single issue with him is his work rate off the ball - or distinct lack if it. He wonders in and out of position so much leaving gaping holes for the opposition to exploit. 

Kasey's passing can be sublime, but he has big flaws in his game.

You've highlighted one, but just as worrying is that he cannot seem to ride a tackle, let alone evade one. He's robbed more easily than a 95-year-old on pension day.

He's work-in-progress in my view.  I think there was a bit of hype about him when he signed permanently, but we're now all getting a more rounded picture of him as a player.

I know he’s been poor the last couple of appearances but when he’s on form and playing higher up instead of dropping back to cdm then he has potential to be one of the best centre attacking mids in the division 

• Like 1

I like Palmer but dont understand why LJ signed him, he dont like those type of players and does not give them a run of games to prove themselves. For me got to have Eliasson Palmer Weimann behind Diedhiou, gives you Pace Creativity and the added Strength up top.

On 11/12/2019 at 09:52, grifty said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more incorrect post...

A) He lost possession when he had tracked back. When he almost set their player up he was one of 3 players on our own penalty box. I’d actually argue he doesn’t get forward enough.

B) The only club he has been contracted to is Chelsea so they are the only club that have ‘let him go’ and even then they sold him, not released him

C) There is 0% chance he cost us £5m

3million + add ons rising to 5million.. 

On 14/12/2019 at 23:38, jtc1 said:

I like Palmer but dont understand why LJ signed him, he dont like those type of players and does not give them a run of games to prove themselves. For me got to have Eliasson Palmer Weimann behind Diedhiou, gives you Pace Creativity and the added Strength up top.

You would need to be seriously good defensively to support that front 4. We are not. 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2019 at 23:38, jtc1 said:

But when Afobe was fit I thought LJ said that it suited KP. So if he’d not got injured KP may have got that run of games?

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

But when Afobe was fit I thought LJ said that it suited KP. So if he’d not got injured KP may have got that run of games?

I think LJ was a bit keen to bring COD back into the fold when he signed his new contract.  He certainly took a lot of Kasey’s minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think LJ was a bit keen to bring COD back into the fold when he signed his new contract.  He certainly took a lot of Kasey’s minutes.

Yep, still puzzled over that one....