IGNORED

(Lack of) Atmosphere

DavidNoble

7 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Not even close to thebold ashton gate accoustics. You had low ceilings of both Atyeo and more so wedlock. Lights were switched off. Was a great place midweek. Now its just a commercial club. Nothing more. What city are realising including young city fans is you can't buy atmosphere

Agree re the atmosphere in the old EE, it was great only when you were in there amongst it, but as good as it was any other part of the ground you could hardly hear it.

On 10/12/2019 at 22:17, DavidNoble said:

I went with a mate tonight who hasn’t been city before and he commented on how poor the atmosphere is and didn’t even know there was a singing section. 

What’s happened? Mid week matches under the lights always used to have good atmospheres but it was awful tonight and didn’t help the players. 

We were watching the game intensely, no time for singing

On 11/12/2019 at 09:25, Phileas Fogg said:

Apart from winning football - there's a few things that could improve the atmosphere in my opinion

1. Have the 'singing section' closer to the away fans - either in the same stand, directly adjacent to or next to eachother in corners of different stands
  2. Less Downsy - he doesn't need to talk as much as he does
  3. More appropriate music - if they MUST have music, please please sack off 'Seven Nation Army' - it's the sort of thing you'd expect from Reading or Watford. Generic, boring and unimaginative. @Matt Parsons  please pass that on, easy change to make. Explore what other clubs do for pre-match music and come up with something imaginative. 

Games against Millwall used to be some of the best for atmosphere given the potential for needle. In 07/08, when the EE just had a few hundred fans, the atmosphere would've been far better. We have much bigger attendances now but the atmosphere is far worse. 

In terms of music - I never always got it right... but my only aim was to build the atmosphere. I would happily help out again.... All someone needs to do is ask!

8 hours ago, Tim S said:

In terms of music - I never always got it right... but my only aim was to build the atmosphere. I would happily help out again.... All someone needs to do is ask!

You certainly need someone who knows how music works. 
Surely there’s someone who is a music/media/performance professional or student who knows about this sort of thing?

12 hours ago, Tim S said:

@Tim S, the club made a big mistake letting you go for whatever reason they did that.

You clearly understood the fan base which is the most important part of your job as DJ/announcer. 

What are your honest thoughts on the music? I've said it before but I think it's awful - the montage video to Chemical Brothers 'Galvanise' is pretty good but apart from that it is trash ESPECIALLY 'Seven Nation Army'!!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

@Tim S, the club made a big mistake letting you go for whatever reason they did that.

You clearly understood the fan base which is the most important part of your job as DJ/announcer. 

What are your honest thoughts on the music? I've said it before but I think it's awful - the montage video to Chemical Brothers 'Galvanise' is pretty good but apart from that it is trash ESPECIALLY 'Seven Nation Army'!!

Spot on @Phileas Fogg

In my opinion, every successful football club off the pitch needs to understand the fans but also ensure they make a “connection” with the fans off the pitch. Having worked in the North and visited clubs like Leeds, Sheffield Utd and Wednesday, it is almost a fallacy how Bristol Sport treat Bristol City fans. Complete joke actually.

The fan base is changing fast at City with a lot of old skool fans drifting away and being replaced by the modern football fan. I know which ones I prefer.

HINT - ones that sing and get behind the team, rather than ones that sit looking at there phones all game, or shining there torch around the ground. What the **** is that all about?

There is more atmosphere on the concourse during the game than in the actual stands as a lot watch the game by the bars having a pint.

On 10/12/2019 at 23:13, lenred said:

Continually asked questions about this in the past but got fobbed off -  it’s ‘health and safety’ apparently so we need Ashton Gate to be like a living room with strip lights.   Absolutely ridiculous but it’s just another small part of the ‘new world’ of football these days. Such a shame.  

Health and safety which doesn't apply to the concerts over the summer and any gig you can go to at say the Academy. Does anyone know if they are kept on at the rugby?

On 12/12/2019 at 23:13, Tim S said:

Is there music played? I'm in the Dolman and hadn't noticed we had a PA system ?

Archived