IGNORED

Bentley Coming Up

Dullmoan Tone

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Admire the enthusiasm but please don't at this stage in the season.

It's not the cup, goal difference could be crucial.

And if you watched him the second time I'm not sure he didn't put our players off just as much.

Anyone disagree?

I never understand it. Just have him on half way line if you like to put ten ball back in. No point having him in the box and an outfield player on half way 

3 minutes ago, UK0wnag3 said:

Disagree.

Its a desperation move but you have to play for that 1 in 100 scenario where he scores / we score from the extra body in the box.

The extra point on the board is well worth the risk of losing by the extra goal IMO.

No extra body in the box though as he is in there instead of an outfield player stood outside the box 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I thought Bentley, our player of the season thus far, was awful tonight. Flapping at the ball when it should be caught , taking an age to release it, and was beaten too easily for the first goal. Rare bad game.

100% agree with you he had a bad game and he knows himself could tell by his reaction in the game 

His spell at Brentford he had the odd bad game I guess it’s the joys of being a keeper it’s noticed more then a outfield player having a bad game

still think he’s a player at this level that’s gets you an extra 9/12 points a season

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I thought Bentley, our player of the season thus far, was awful tonight. Flapping at the ball when it should be caught , taking an age to release it, and was beaten too easily for the first goal. Rare bad game.

Did not have his best game, but he slipped diving for the first goal, more down to the wet than ability

Didn't Bentley play originally as a defender? Sure I read that. I can't see the harm in him coming up as a last roll of the dice.

That aside, I agree I was disappointed with him for the first goal and he had a couple of flaps in the first half.

He wasn't bad. He never is. But by his very high standards, this wasn't one of his better games.

I think it was as much to get the crowd going as every fan ‘loves’ a Keeper doing this! 

I think we were out fought both both physically and mentally all over the pitch last night. Was it Millwall having the extra days rest after our hard Fulham game, was it all the Afobe emotion? Probably a bit of both.

If we are to progress though we have to be able to cope with all types of football and at the moment we seem to not be able to impose our game on everybody but get sucked into theirs.

7 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Strange how people forget when we lose, that really good one on one save after Palmers mis pass at 2-0 down. We lost anyway but at that point to go 3-0 would of done more damage to our goal difference. We would of never rallied back a goal if that went in.

I would say, at fault for the goal, and his handling is suspect. That said he has been immense for us, and if he dominated his area by catching, those England shouts might not be so crazy. 
As for coming up for corners, have you seen the size of the bloke, we dropped Nagy back, fair swap I’d say. No it wasn’t a cup final but what’s the point if accepting a defeat, might as well go for it and try and nick a point.

14 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Most of our team had a bad game last night .

They appeared to be , to a man , drained.Putting aside the three matches in seven days there was also the emotion of Benik’s tragedy.

Bentley has also just become a new Father  . Nothing like a new baby to disrupt a lifestyle.

These lads are human beings first and professional footballers second . I am sure they wanted to put on a display of fabulous attacking football but the tank seemed empty.

My , small , criticism would be of the coaching staff who recognised early on that the team were struggling and didn’t inject a bit of energy into it earlier to give us a chance.

Archived