IGNORED

Millwall

Lez

442, old fashioned overlapping fullbacks and we couldn’t handle it, molumby ran the show for them from midfield especially first half . They just looked a lot more natural than us as footballers . The likes of weimann and Nagy look so uncomfortable and panicked on the ball all the time where as their players looked liked they had an extra second on the ball. Be interested to see what we could do under rowett

10 minutes ago, Hocca said:

442, old fashioned overlapping fullbacks and we couldn’t handle it, molumby ran the show for them from midfield especially first half . They just looked a lot more natural than us as footballers . The likes of weimann and Nagy look so uncomfortable and panicked on the ball all the time where as their players looked liked they had an extra second on the ball. Be interested to see what we could do under rowett

442?  Not from where I was sitting.  Played with a flat back 5 when they were on the defensive, changing to a back 3 when they were on the attack.

14 minutes ago, Hocca said:

They didn’t play 442. They had 3 centre backs, 2 full backs making a 5 defensively but the fullbacks played really high when they had the ball, giving it a 3-4-3 feel. 
We didn’t have a clue how to defend against it. 
We usually struggle at home v Millwall as they defend so stoutly, and are usually well organised. Fair play to Rowett, he seems to have them playing expansive football but still having a defensive solidity. 

I was particularly impressed by their pressing game, or lack of it. They didn’t waste any energy chasing our back 4 on the ball, they just sat in, waited for us to misplace a pass and then countered very quickly. They used absolutely no energy in chasing us around the park, just stayed tight, waited for the error and then hit us. All their energy was used in a forward sense, we didn’t tire them out when we had the ball. 

Millwall have been a very pragmatic team for years, but I thought tonight was the best Millwall team I’ve seen - solid and organised at the back yet quick and expansive on the attack. 

14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

442?  Not from where I was sitting.  Played with a flat back 5 when they were on the defensive, changing to a back 3 when they were on the attack.

Agreed, absolutely not 4-4-2.

Their game plan was executed brilliantly, think they identified a weakness on our left side and exploited it particularly in the first half

Wonder if @JamesBCFC realised that Cooper is good now?

41 minutes ago, Hocca said:

They played 5-2-3 

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Gary Rowett has always been a good manager. No surprise to see them playing decent football

Yeah and yet he gets loads of stick from his previous clubs Stoke and Derby. He was incredibly unlucky to lose the Brum job to Zola following their takeover. This could be a honeymoon period for them in all honesty but fair play to them.

35 minutes ago, RedDave said:

They played 5-2-3 

Wonder when @RedDave will learn not to be a patronising ****?

Regardless, a good performance doesn't mean a player is on the level we require. Otherwise the top Premier League clubs would have been after our entire defence following our League Cup games agains the Manchester clubs, or Norwich after O'Dowda following his game against them last season.

Even more to the point, you were so quick in you're desperation to be a snide **** that you ignore the fact I didn't say Cooper isn't a good player. I laughed at the idea that we should sign him even if we were promoted.

First half they played some nice stuff - worked harder than us. 2nd half, not as fluent but made it very difficult whilst scoring at a time that almost killed the game.

We finally got at them at the end and we would have got an undeserved point had it not been for that great save.

Jed Wallace is a real quality player.

But all teams in this league can do that - we did it to Fulham at the weekend. Its a hard tight league with not much between the teams. Can't get too high after a win or too low after a defeat. I think it will come down to the wire at the end for top 6.

22 hours ago, RedDave said:

They played 5-2-3 

From what I've seen Cooper is absolute quality. I would love to sign him as he's better than Baker imo. But I reckon bigger clubs would beat us to him.

Sharp passing superb press and great use of space. We were out thought, out fought and out played (apart from the first 5 minutes and last 10 including added on time). As good as Hunt and Brownhill were down the right against Huddersfield. Millwall returned the favour with Romeo and Wallace. No complaints as to the result, let's bounce back against Blackburn. 

Archived