IGNORED

Ramblings from Sweden

BigTone

Love to know what he did to get banned other than go into occasional rants about how shit city are :laugh:

Unless he did something personal in a pm I think his Ban is very harsh.

I vote let Tommy back in the sweet shop

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Love to know what he did to get banned other than go into occasional rants about how shit city are :laugh:

Bloke just needs a curfew and pre-modded posts for a bit.

In celebration of our imminent Swedish arrival, I say let him in!

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

Me too.

8 minutes ago, TRL said:

It's really quite simple.

There is a quota for drunken, rude, consistently negative posting about all things BCFC and we had exceeded our quota.

Members don't often get banned but I can understand why he was and he certainly gave me more :facepalm: and:grr: moments than anyone else. Ever.

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We are extremely tolerant of the blue few who come on here yet perhaps on this occasion, a little intolerant of "one of our own". I appreciate that our mods don't act without very good reason but perhaps it's time to commute his sentence?

Well said that man!

What's the quota? Because I have seen far more personal abuse in this forum by certain members who are not banned. Whereas Tommy rightly or wrongly whinges about city. Which he has earnt the right to do with the money he has spent following them. If people don't like his thoughts there is a simple ignore button.

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We are extremely tolerant of the blue few who come on here yet perhaps on this occasion, a little intolerant of "one of our own". I appreciate that our mods don't act without very good reason but perhaps it's time to commute his sentence?

It must be because of users who don't like his posts complaining to the mods.

Why they can't all just put him on ignore has always been beyond me.

When you look at the enthusiasm for Bristol City, Ashton Gate and Bristol itself on the Swedish fans' forum he oversees it's a real shame.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's really quite simple.

There is a quota for drunken, rude, consistently negative posting about all things BCFC and we had exceeded our quota.

Members don't often get banned but I can understand why he was and he certainly gave me more :facepalm: and:grr: moments than anyone else. Ever.

I'm sure Tommy's a good lad and I love it that we have a group of loyal Swedish fans but there are rules. I have no doubt the Mods do their best to avoid banning but I for one understand that it gets to a point where there is no option, having been lead Mod on a workplace forum in the past.

Sad that it ended up like that when Tommy could be such fun on a good day. Chin up Tommy and thanks to the Mods for your work on our behalf.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It must be because of users who don't like his posts complaining to the mods.

Why they can't all just put him on ignore has always been beyond me.

When you look at the enthusiasm for Bristol City, Ashton Gate and Bristol itself on the Swedish fans' forum he oversees it's a real shame.

When he posted on a Friday evening, it always acted as a reminder to me to pack up work for the week and enjoy a beer so that I could join him in lalaland

Oh FFS, start up a topic on the non footy forum if you love him that much.

Personally I'm more interested in whether we're signing this Gustav bloke, does anybody have an update? Apparently according to Facebook he's having a medical...

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Personally I'm more interested in whether we're signing this Gustav bloke, does anybody have an update? Apparently according to Facebook he's having a medical...

If you want to know then screw you, read the previous 5 pages.

1 minute ago, TRL said:

What's the quota? Because I have seen far more personal abuse in this forum by certain members who are not banned. Whereas Tommy rightly or wrongly whinges about city. Which he has earnt the right to do with the money he has spent following them. If people don't like his thoughts there is a simple ignore button.

It was the Mods decision to press the ignore button and that's part of their job. I think OTIB is one of the best run football forums and these guys give up their time for free so I'm sure they had good reason . We move on, hopefully, to a different Swede who can have a different effect/affect......( @Rudolf Hucker please note- I've read the last 5 pages o.k?) .

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

See post 173. Tommy has already updated us via 1891 B.C Sweden. Thanks to both of them I say.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It was the Mods decision to press the ignore button and that's part of their job. I think OTIB is one of the best run football forums and these guys give up their time for free so I'm sure they had good reason . We move on, hopefully, to a different Swede who can have a different effect/affect......( @Rudolf Hucker please note- I've read the last 5 pages o.k?) .

Why the sarcastic comment? Mine was not aimed at you so why you feel the need to get involved is beyond me.

Archived