Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ohhhshauntaylor

Substitutions

Recommended Posts

Hindsight is a wonderful thing....... BUT 

Initially win was amazed we didn’t see a sub after 30 minutes tonight where it clearly wasn’t working, to not make any at HT was even more surprising for me  

when LJ did make his customary 60th minute change- 

palmer- I agreeD with, was crying out for him. 
he was poor and never got into the game, his confidence looked to go from his first poor touch and loss of the ball. 

COD- I’m not a fan of but he at least looked to get forward when he came on and scored a good goal. 

for me, the final change when chasing a goal had to be Semenyo (as our only recognised striker on the bench- as Rodri is clearly not fancied and will be off in January it seems). 
 

Replacing Hunt with Pereria made no sense to me, as surely at this point a more natural “attacker” was more needed  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing....... BUT 

Initially win was amazed we didn’t see a sub after 30 minutes tonight where it clearly wasn’t working, to not make any at HT was even more surprising for me  

when LJ did make his customary 60th minute change- 

palmer- I agreeD with, was crying out for him. 
he was poor and never got into the game, his confidence looked to go from his first poor touch and loss of the ball. 

COD- I’m not a fan of but he at least looked to get forward when he came on and scored a good goal. 

for me, the final change when chasing a goal had to be Semenyo (as our only recognised striker on the bench- as Rodri is clearly not fancied and will be off in January it seems). 
 

Replacing Hunt with Pereria made no sense to me, as surely at this point a more natural “attacker” was more needed  

 

While not the most obvious one i thought he had a great impact. linked up well with elliason and brownhill on multiple occasions and got in behind the millwall defence 3 or 4 times which we struggled to do all night until he came on. 

agree though that changes should have been rung at half time, probably all 3 changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the play Semenyo argument, he has the height that might've worried their defence for our multiple corners in the last 10 minutes. 

On the other hand, he hasn't scored and Pereira  has. So a defender was adjudged more of a goal threat than our home developed striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, city1983 said:

While not the most obvious one i thought he had a great impact. linked up well with elliason and brownhill on multiple occasions and got in behind the millwall defence 3 or 4 times which we struggled to do all night until he came on. 

agree though that changes should have been rung at half time, probably all 3 changes.

I thought Hunt was the worst out of a bad bunch last night. He was beyond hopeless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Super said:

I thought Hunt was the worst out of a bad bunch last night. He was beyond hopeless.

I didn’t think he was that, he just had no one moving for him to pass too. Weimann was not his usual busy self. Diedhiou was very much an isolated lone striker, but always wanted the ball and helped defensively as much as attacking. Millwall had sussed that if they cut off the threat of Ellisson we were stifled. Hunt in my opinion wasn’t the reason we looked so poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble is, Weimann is NOT a left-winger. This was proved at Derby and at earlier matches this season. Stick him out there and you might as well take one man off. 

Swapping Eliasson and Weimann's roles, then having Josh play very centrally, which Johnson did after the first goal, led to an hour of us being on the back foot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have brought on a centre back after about 20 mins and switched to a 532/352.  Either Massengo or Nagy might have to have given way.

Subs were OK, just half an hour too late, though Hunt for Periera had me scratching my head a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Will Semenyo play again in the league this season?

Like Moore, he might develop into a decent player at a lower league side and return. Enough people have seen promise in his early career. 

Equally, he might be one of the 90% not quite good enough for the second tier.

Amazing how the standard has moved up since the old Second Division days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I'll raise you Weimann

I'll raise you Nagy

On Pereira after he came on he offered much more in attacking threat than Hunt did, lots of neat play and runs down in the right hand corner led to more balls in the box. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Will Semenyo play again in the league this season?

Hopefully not, he's not ready for championship football. I'm also not convinced LJ knows where to play him. 

He's only in the squad for one reason...the homegrown rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'll raise you Nagy

On Pereira after he came on he offered much more in attacking threat than Hunt did, lots of neat play and runs down in the right hand corner led to more balls in the box. 

I will raise you Nathan Baker ! 

His passing Was horrific and predictable / slow. Not a good night for anyone though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spoons said:

I will raise you Nathan Baker ! 

His passing Was horrific and predictable / slow. Not a good night for anyone though.

Baker is hardly known for great distribution so wasn't too far out of the ordinary for him, he either needs a short pass on or plays it long up the field which is pretty much what we got. Any time we wanted to play out we go through Williams, partly why I think we need Taylor Moore back in, so we have that extra option to play out so play isn't coming from one player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I will raise you Nathan Baker ! 

His passing Was horrific and predictable / slow. Not a good night for anyone though.

I don't think Baker was that bad. But Moore would offer so much that Baker doesn't. Clearly first half we needed someone who could run into midfield with the ball. They let Baker have it as he can't do much with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Weimann played like he did for a long spell last season - very poor. Can't quite understand how he wasn't subbed.

Was crying out for a change, 2-0 down why not just throw on Semenyo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...