IGNORED

Injuries...

formerly known as ivan

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Has there been any update anywhere on when we can expect Kalas and Dasilva back? Can’t help but feel these two will be pivotal in the remainder of the season.

Afobe as we know is out long term.

No Korey on the bench tonight. Was this tactical or injury enforced?

I'm baffled if it was tactical, because our midfield dynamos, Massengo and Nagy looked way off the pace and aren't built for midweek matches that follow high intensity performances. Perhaps Korey was ill, because any further injury would be a worry. 

• Admin
12 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Has there been any update anywhere on when we can expect Kalas and Dasilva back? Can’t help but feel these two will be pivotal in the remainder of the season.

Afobe as we know is out long term.

No Korey on the bench tonight. Was this tactical or injury enforced?

Kalas was reported as being 50/50 for Fulham, and was going to be re-assessed yesterday morning as to whether he would be involved last night

I guess at the moment we don't need to rush him back so maybe there is that extra bit of caution in making sure he is 100%  ready so doesn't break down again. With many games coming up over the Christmas / New Year period I guess this makes sense

• Admin

Just noticed this in an interview from last night

Tomas Kalas not too far away?

Kalas is doing my head in to be honest, not him personally but the injury so I don’t even know how far he is. He was training for three or four days, probably was expecting to line him up in this one and then gets a whack on it and then the set back, I don’t know how long it is.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/kalas-doing-head-in-bristol-3630358

28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure Kalas and DaSilva coming back are going to make as much of a difference as you think.  Our current centre backs look ok and Tommy Rowe has surprised me a lot.

I think you’ve forgotten how good they were.

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think it will be quite a few games before Jay gets back to his old self after such a long lay off.  COD for example has never recovered the form he was in prior to his injury.

Oh definitely, but Dasilva at 75% is a better fullback than Tommy Rowe, no disrespect to him. Kalas remains our best central back.

Archived