IGNORED

The pitch- Not an excuse but

Port Said Red

I thought the pitch looked in the worse condition, post a rugby game I have seen. I know the weather has been poor but it was patchy in several places. There was a large patch in front of the Dolman towards the Atyeo end, that looked completely different to the rest of the pitch.

Some players on both sides looked unsure of their footing especially on the turn. I hope this isn’t going to be a trend.

44 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought the pitch looked in the worse condition, post a rugby game I have seen. I know the weather has been poor but it was patchy in several places. There was a large patch in front of the Dolman towards the Atyeo end, that looked completely different to the rest of the pitch.

Some players on both sides looked unsure of their footing especially on the turn. I hope this isn’t going to be a trend.

Agree 100%. The rugby lot should be sent back to the Mem and all Steve’s resources should be spent in City*

* perhaps I should declare I am a Gloucester rugby fan....

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The only reason I mentioned it was that someone suggested that Nagy was having trouble striking the ball cleanly. Thinking about it now, I think they may have left the grass a little longer due to the weather? 

Well he should have a few double training sessions on shooting then.......I used to blame the grass when one of my shots hit the car park!

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The only reason I mentioned it was that someone suggested that Nagy was having trouble striking the ball cleanly. Thinking about it now, I think they may have left the grass a little longer due to the weather? 

Bob Taylor would have loved last night's pitch. Just saying. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Millwall didn’t seem to have a problem with it, there passing and touch was much better than ours I thought

The pitch is no excuse. Mill wall we’re simply the better team and adjusted to the conditions. .the 3 points at Fulham were the points I thought would be the talk at the end of the season however 3 points last night at home is a big set back and only lucky that other teams results were favourable. The pitch can only get worse and not better over the coming winter months and any excuses for poor play at home due to pitch conditions will fall on death ears.

heres hoping to next Saturday will be better.

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Millwall didn’t seem to have a problem with it, there passing and touch was much better than ours I thought

No, there were definitely times when they had issues too, especially around the edge of the penalty area. Like I said, it was the same for both teams.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh **** off, I have said specifically it wasn’t making an excuse, just a point about the general state of the pitch.

Calm down....... Unsure of the footings on the edge of the box?? Might have something to do with the torrential downpour of rain 45 minutes before kick off!! I was amazed how good the pitch was considering how crap the weather has been recently and how much the pitch has been used. 

Still you carry on looking for excuses. 

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Calm down....... Unsure of the footings on the edge of the box?? Might have something to do with the torrential downpour of rain 45 minutes before kick off!! I was amazed how good the pitch was considering how crap the weather has been recently and how much the pitch has been used. 

Still you carry on looking for excuses. 

I was talking about Millwall, I always make excuses for Millwall. :) 

7 hours ago, City oz said:

The pitch is no excuse. Mill wall we’re simply the better team and adjusted to the conditions. .the 3 points at Fulham were the points I thought would be the talk at the end of the season however 3 points last night at home is a big set back and only lucky that other teams results were favourable. The pitch can only get worse and not better over the coming winter months and any excuses for poor play at home due to pitch conditions will fall on death ears.

heres hoping to next Saturday will be better.

With under soil heating and the banks of special lights that are used to assist growth, the pit ch should recover if any damage has occurred. Personally did not notice any problem. And I do not remember any event in the last Bristol home game that would have caused significant damage to the pitch. Don't jump to conclusions without aolid information.

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Harsh. I thought his Brandenburg Concerto in G Major was superb. 

it was but I am not sure whether he was referencing the father or sons  Johann Jakob Brahms or johannes if you were his friend were good until they met up with his pal List.

Johnson said “it was always going to be difficult” so instead of rotating a few players he started the same 11 for the third time on the trot, tinkered with the formation rather than the lineup! When will the tinkering give us a home consistency of performance we can enjoy? The journeyman is found to be without a clue again and the cost was the team spirit and the fans let down - again!

All the studying and sport science is not going to help us when the coach gets it wrong and is not man enough to change it around!

16 hours ago, reddoh said:

it was but I am not sure whether he was referencing the father or sons  Johann Jakob Brahms or johannes if you were his friend were good until they met up with his pal List.

Think it might have been another Johann (Johann Sebastian Bach) that wrote the Brandenburg Concertos and that he was referencing.

Used to really look forwards to winter games of yesteryear... The snow covered (bar highlighted lines) pitches, the 'ploughed field' look, strip obscuring mudbaths, FA Cup ties on Yeovil's fanous slope,  football trapping puddles everywhere etc ...  Those were the days, and football endured everything that was thrown at it.. Footballers dont know they are born nowadays with modern snooker table top, manicured state of the art pitches..   Pffft! 

Archived