IGNORED

"Szmodics, Bailey Wright and Korey Smith are chomping at the bit and will feel like they should be playing"

Roe

1 minute ago, Super said:

Might be a good time to freshen things up.

Based on what?   Two wins out of three.........:dunno:

That said Blackburn will undoubtedly adopt the same strategy as Millwall did last night so possibly LJ might consider making changes.

To me the game was lost in midfield last night. It was often 5 v 3 and why the likes of Baker found an out ball difficult to find - hence the many sideways passes.

We looked tired last night and were well off the pace. We won very few first balls and even less loose balls. They won most of the important headers in both boxes but we couldn't get our passing game going. Millwall won the tactical battle and deserved their win. LJ may make changes for Blackburn but there were quite a few off their game last night. His selection will be interesting.

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Based on what?   Two wins out of three.........:dunno:

That said Blackburn will undoubtedly adopt the same strategy as Millwall did last night so possibly LJ might consider making changes.

To me the game was lost in midfield last night. It was often 5 v 3 and why the likes of Baker found an out ball difficult to find - hence the many sideways passes.

Based on the lack of energy last night.

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Very harsh on wright that, whose been an important member of our squad for a few years

It might be harsh, but I think he's behind Taylor Moore, Baker and Williams for his chosen position.

Unless we have an injury crisis - and he plays a blinder - I can't see how he can re-re-establish his place.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It might be harsh, but I think he's behind Taylor Moore, Baker and Williams for his chosen position.

Unless we have an injury crisis - and he plays a blinder - I can't see how he can re-re-establish his place.

I totally agree, but to say he never wishes to see him in a city shirt again is slightly over the top 

4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Szmodics and Korey smith.. deserve  a chance...

But bailey wright??? thats a gamble, to say the least

Bailey Wright wouldn't be a gamble if played on the right side in a 2. 

Problem is, Johnson seems to play him right side of a 3 & he then gets isolated against tricky wingers and struggles. 

I'd like to see Szmodics more, perhaps him off of Diedhiou and rest Weimann. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

To me the game was lost in midfield last night. 

Couldn't agree more with that. I thought Brownhill, Nagy and Massengo all had poor games last night, giving the ball away far too often. 

I haven't watched the lowlights yet, but at the time I thought Bentley should have saved the first goal. 

Would liked to have seen NE whipping crosses in from the left rather than having to check and cut in every time. 

Fammy had a good game I thought. 

Bad day at the office, it happens. 

1 minute ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Couldn't agree more with that. I thought Brownhill, Nagy and Massengo all had poor games last night, giving the ball away far too often. 

I haven't watched the lowlights yet, but at the time I thought Bentley should have saved the first goal. 

Would liked to have seen NE whipping crosses in from the left rather than having to check and cut in every time. 

Fammy had a good game I thought. 

Bad day at the office, it happens. 

Nagy, Massengo and Brownhill we’re outnumbered by the five Millwall had across the midfield. None of our three had any time or space to play any telling passes. They were always under pressure.

The Lions did a job on us - plain and simple.

I daresay Blackburn will adopt the same strategy on Saturday.

Archived