IGNORED

"Szmodics, Bailey Wright and Korey Smith are chomping at the bit and will feel like they should be playing"

Roe

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It might be harsh, but I think he's behind Taylor Moore, Baker and Williams for his chosen position.

Unless we have an injury crisis - and he plays a blinder - I can't see how he can re-re-establish his place.

Hasn’t he played more time for us at RB than in his chosen position, so if he is going to get game time it would be there as as you say he has better performing players ahead of him.

How many minutes have these 3 (SS, BW & KS, and you might as well lump in Marley) got between them this season? It’s a fine line between resting a tiring player to replacing him with someone lacking so much match practice, to do so you would have to be assured their addition quality is worth the exchange. Korey yes, Bailey no and Szmodics is largely unknown to me.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Hasn’t he played more time for us at RB than in his chosen position, so if he is going to get game time it would be there as as you say he has better performing players ahead of him.

How many minutes have these 3 (SS, BW & KS, and you might as well lump in Marley) got between them this season? It’s a fine line between resting a tiring player to replacing him with someone lacking so much match practice, to do so you would have to be assured their addition quality is worth the exchange. Korey yes, Bailey no and Szmodics is largely unknown to me.

None of them other than Korey, who deserves to be re-introduced, has shown much promise this season. 

Bailey has indeed played many times at RB for us. But he isn't fast enough to go forward much and he is rightly behind Hunt and Pereira IMO.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

None of them other than Korey, who deserves to be re-introduced, has shown much promise this season. 

Bailey has indeed played many times at RB for us. But he isn't fast enough to go forward much and he is rightly behind Hunt and Pereira IMO.

That’s pretty much what I am saying really. For someone who has been captain BW doesn’t seem to ever fit in. He’s a great bloke, very popular it seems amongst the players, but it’s one of those signings I’ve never full understood.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ran out of likes robbo but thkoats pretty  much how i see it korey smith absolutley but watkins and wright iam not so sure neither fills me with much confiedence

I haven’t been able to determine what is Watkins’ best position. He’s ok in midfield and attack but no more. If the team is playing badly I can’t imagine anyone thinking “What we need is Watkins, bring him on”. Wright lacks pace which is a dangerous liability, particularly against a fast attacking team. That leaves Szmodics, who must be a better option than Palmer, particularly after Palmer’s performance on Tuesday 

37 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s pretty much what I am saying really. For someone who has been captain BW doesn’t seem to ever fit in. He’s a great bloke, very popular it seems amongst the players, but it’s one of those signings I’ve never full understood.

Just was replaced with better really. Moore kicking on and stepping up a level probably sealed Wright's fate.

48 minutes ago, RedM said:

From watching Szmodics with the U-23's he's definitely a threat on the ball,has the ability & can genuinely pick a finish - big big question marks without the ball.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Has he not just namechecked those 3 because they weren't in the 18 last night?

Yeah basically.  I just thought it was a bit odd that you'd name them if they weren't even selected for the bench.  If Szmodics is that close why hasn't he even been on the bench lately?

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Listening to SS on Robins TV last night, he certainly has the right attitude. "Keeps working his plums off in training" and prepared to wait for his chance.

Given Palmer's sub par cameos recently, i think he could feature soon.

He HAS to surely. I reckon he deserves a go.

1 hour ago, Roe said:

Yeah basically.  I just thought it was a bit odd that you'd name them if they weren't even selected for the bench.  If Szmodics is that close why hasn't he even been on the bench lately?

I don't get the Szmodics situation, it puzzles me to be honest

Archived