IGNORED

Shit subbing

FrozenRobin

40 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

I think LJs use of subs recently has been atrocious. The usual perpetrators of this are:

Palmer

COD (even though he scored last night)

Semenyo

Why don't we try something different? Give Rodri a go. Use Szmodics for 30 m. Play Pedro higher up?

Getting very sick of it.

Does he not have you are speed dial? I would thought that if he read any of your “insightful” comments, he would have been seeking your advice at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

I think LJs use of subs recently has been atrocious. The usual perpetrators of this are:

Palmer

Semenyo

Why don't we try something different? Give Rodri a go. Use Szmodics for 30 m. Play Pedro higher up?

Getting very sick of it.

Rodri is injured 

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

Palmer

Semenyo

Getting very sick of it.

So what would you have done last night, given the bench as selected?

Cod should have came on at half time , its fine to move brownhill central  he was better there but lets not ask weimann to play upfront and leftwing .  if we went 3 5 2 or 3 5 1 1 we may not of conceded the 2nd goal.

For me we lost the game by giving millwall acres of space on there right side and having no cover for Rowe . For me we could of at least drawn this game if we had addressed our left hand side.

29 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Cod should have came on at half time , its fine to move brownhill central  he was better there but lets not ask weimann to play upfront and leftwing .  if we went 3 5 2 or 3 5 1 1 we may not of conceded the 2nd goal.

For me we lost the game by giving millwall acres of space on there right side and having no cover for Rowe . For me we could of at least drawn this game if we had addressed our left hand side.

Interesting how LJ swapped Weimann and Eliason round to try to give Rowe more protection but Rowat instantly switched his wide men around too . Rowat basically did us last night ! 

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Interesting how LJ swapped Weimann and Eliason round to try to give Rowe more protection but Rowat instantly switched his wide men around too . Rowat basically did us last night ! 

I thought it was more to help Eliason the switch ... maybe im wrong haha

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Eliasson often plays RW for us, inswinging crosses easier to try and get on target than outswinger 

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So we're 1 0 down at home and he moves a striker on to the left for defensive reasons?  I really hope that wasn't what he was thinking.  I hope he was thinking Eliasson might be more effective on the right as that is how any sane manager would think about your most creative player... 

I think the basic issue is we have no depth up front. What we needed was another decent striker on the bench. What we have is Rodri and Semenyo, both of whom have yet to impress.

My feeling looking at the bench was that there was no-one you could bring on that you might expect to score. If Matty Taylor had been there I still would've felt the same way.

9 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I think the basic issue is we have no depth up front. What we needed was another decent striker on the bench. What we have is Rodri and Semenyo, both of whom have yet to impress.

My feeling looking at the bench was that there was no-one you could bring on that you might expect to score. If Matty Taylor had been there I still would've felt the same way.

I don't understand how chucking on another striker is going to stop Jed Wallace casually passing Rowe every time he had the ball. Everything that was wrong other than individual poor performances stemmed from our left side, until COD came on there was nothing going forward on that side, which meant Millwall just compressed the pitch towards the right, Eliasson and Hunt more often than not were playing 2 on 3 or 4 so understandably neither were particularly effective. 

To be fair if Perreras shot in injury time was 12 inches higher and 12 inches to the left which is not a massive distance we get an unlikely draw and we are all saying it seemed a strange sub at the time but LJ got it right / was lucky / spawny git according to personal bias

• Admin
10 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I think LJs initially tactics were more culpable.

What worked well against Huddersfield and Fulham, where Eliasson could pick out gaps in the box, was not going to work against the 3 towering Millwall centre backs and only played into their strengths. 

What concerns me most about this, it was evident almost from the kick off how Millwall would dominate the aerial and physical battles. It was also clear their five man midfield would simply outnumber us. So we do all this research into opposition teams and it seems we got caught out by them. 

Was surprised back the lack of defensive options on the bench, we were crying out for Korey to come on and put his foot in to help us compete 

58 minutes ago, Super said:

Because he was terrible.

Along with many many others 

10 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

But if LJ changed that winning side the moaning on here would have been just as ridiculous as it is now. He can’t win either way.

That's why he's paid the big bucks, make those tough calls. 

15 hours ago, FrozenRobin said:

Palmer

Semenyo

Getting very sick of it.

This is indeed shit subbing. LJ's should have an apostrophe

Archived