IGNORED

Shit subbing

FrozenRobin

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

But if LJ changed that winning side the moaning on here would have been just as ridiculous as it is now. He can’t win either way.

But he is responsible for the results, not the moaning on fan forums.

If he was responsible for the latter, he would be managing Bristol Manor Farm right now. 

I'm no fan of LJ but I, like I think the vast majority of fans, were delighted he went with an unchanged side to start. 

My only criticism of the subs was why he waited so long to make them. COD should have been on at HT to play LHS instead of Weimann, (Weimann is generally poor when asked to play wide), that would have helped Rowe more. Palmer didn't work out well as a sub, but with Massengo and Nagy inexplicably unable to make an accurate forward pass to a teammate one of them needed to go off for  Palmer (given no Korey on the bench).

20 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Does he not have you are speed dial? I would thought that if he read any of your “insightful” comments, he would have been seeking your advice at every opportunity.

Support that. FrozenRobin may actually be.........a genius.

9 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

But if LJ changed that winning side the moaning on here would have been just as ridiculous as it is now. He can’t win either way.

LJ don’t do it for me - never has, but when he does do well he quickly Returns to type and reminds me why I don’t rate him!

3 quick games and the strength in depth gave him the option of rotating, something that has been a problem in the past - so what does he do? Tinkers with the formation and let’s the team and us down - does he actually watch or do anything of value on the training pitch? 

23 hours ago, italian dave said:

Oh, the joy of hindsight.

Not having a go at the OP but listening to BBCRB after the game on Tuesday, they cut to the music programme at 10pm rather than hang on for post match interviews and fans comments.  I think it avoided all the “great in hindsight” calls and I had a pleasant drive home, apart from the m32 being closed.

11 hours ago, Spud55 said:

I don't understand how chucking on another striker is going to stop Jed Wallace casually passing Rowe every time he had the ball. Everything that was wrong other than individual poor performances stemmed from our left side, until COD came on there was nothing going forward on that side, which meant Millwall just compressed the pitch towards the right, Eliasson and Hunt more often than not were playing 2 on 3 or 4 so understandably neither were particularly effective. 

Can't wait for the return of Dasilva. 

To be fair to O'Dowda, I thought he was very good as an attacking left back when he came on. Obviously it was all out attack by that point.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Can't wait for the return of Dasilva. 

To be fair to O'Dowda, I thought he was very good as an attacking left back when he came on. Obviously it was all out attack by that point.

Indeed, for the first time for me Rowe looked like a centre mid playing left back. Although he was only on for the last few minutes other than Fam COD was out best player. 

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He had a poor game on Tuesday, as did several players.

Frustrating as the danger man identified in your very  decent pre-match (and by the bbc to be fair ) was Jed Wallace

I thought we looked pretty good and so did they. We had more threat or certainly more composure in the first half and they scored. 

Strikes me it’s all a bit harder than it looks. We had a formation that I loved and worked twice, seeming getting the best out of our attack and solid against at the back against Mitrovic St al, but it needed rejigging or refreshing..... or “tinkering” with. In hindsight 

loads of setbackS this season and we are top 6. In two different periods of the season so far we have been really good. 

onwards

12 minutes ago, fairweather said:

Frustrating as the danger man identified in your very  decent pre-match (and by the bbc to be fair ) was Jed Wallace

I thought we looked pretty good and so did they. We had more threat or certainly more composure in the first half and they scored. 

Strikes me it’s all a bit harder than it looks. We had a formation that I loved and worked twice, seeming getting the best out of our attack and solid against at the back against Mitrovic St al, but it needed rejigging or refreshing..... or “tinkering” with. In hindsight 

loads of setbackS this season and we are top 6. In two different periods of the season so far we have been really good. 

onwards

Interesting that Rowett went 523 / 343 with Romeo high up to support Wallace.  Without the ball, Bodvarsson stopped Hunt, Bradshaw occupied our CBs and Wallace stopped Rowe, so we couldn’t build from the back

We did it once late in first half when Williams got it to Nagy (I think) 10 yards in front of him, rather than going sideways, and we created the holes in their press and created a good move, and a bit of pressure as we squeezed them in.  It wasn’t easy to do that though.

The other thing I think we got wrong was that our midfield played too close to Fam.  Too often Brownhill and Massengo (surprisingly for me) were invading Fam’s space.

Archived