IGNORED

Still in fourth place

Major Isewater

On 12/12/2019 at 14:46, Mr Popodopolous said:

I worry about how sustainable it all is- these underlying numbers ain't pretty!

shots allowed.jpg

shots on target allowed.jpg

Shots for isn't too terrible, but shots against...

Will check later if it's improved...results haven't but underlying numbers?

Slight regression to the mean?

I feared a downturn but it's not too late, things could turn again. Pretty inconsistent division.

The latest numbers which are available on the site.

These seem to be up to and including the Luton game now- not inclusive of Brentford.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:18, RedLionLad said:

I’m pretty sure Leeds and WBA will finish in the top two spots this season, and probably by some margin too.

We seem to be in a bit of a false position at the moment. Anyone watching us against Millwall on Saturday would surely wonder how we could be in 4th place.....level on points with Fulham in 3rd.

How on earth did you see it coming?

I’m pretty sure Leeds and WBA will finish in the top two spots this season, and probably by some margin too.

We seem to be in a bit of a false position at the moment. Anyone watching us against Millwall on Saturday would surely wonder how we could be in 4th place.....level on points with Fulham in 3rd.

?

Just to add to my earlier points about underlying numbers being a bit of a predictor perhaps.

The latest set of numbers. Seems not to have updated for yesterday yet but it's about a month on...5 games since Fulham away, 1/5 of the season to date.

It (still) ain't pretty! Talking bottom 6, bottom 8 but not quite relegation numbers here once averaged out, if averaging out works.

SHOTS FOR up to Luton game.jpg

Shots AGAINST up to Luton game.jpg

Shots on Target FOR up to Luton game.jpg

Shots on Target AGAINST up to Luton Game.jpg

In order of attachment, Shots Against,  Shots on Target For, Shots on Target Against- sample size up to Luton at home, site hasn't updated beyond that yet!

Will look to add the amended version of Shots For later- I messed up the attachment a bit.

Don't take anything away from Millwall who have now snuck into 6th place 

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Don't take anything away from Millwall who have now snuck into 6th place 

Reading and Boro are both in good form at the moment too. Forest have won their last 3.

Wednedsay have lost 3 on the bounce and Preston have only taken 2 points out of 12.

5 points between 6th and 15th.  There are plenty of ups and down to come and we are in the middle of it all.

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Reading and Boro are both in good form at the moment too. Forest have won their last 3.

Wednedsay have lost 3 on the bounce and Preston have only taken 2 points out of 12.

5 points between 6th and 15th.  There are plenty of ups and down to come and we are in the middle of it all.

String together a run of wins and we are back in the mix again. In saying that, I am very disappointed to see where we are at the moment. A proven striker is an absolute must.

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

String together a run of wins and we are back in the mix again. In saying that, I am very disappointed to see where we are at the moment. A proven striker is an absolute must.

I agree but I also worry that signing a striker such as Nketiah is being seen by some on here - I don't mean by you btw, you just happen to be whose post I am replying to as I write this - as a panacea for everything wrong with the squad whereas

a) Nketiah is talented and could work well but certainly isn't yet proven

b) the best striker in the world still needs chances and we struggle create them

c) even if a proven striker had scored a hat trick against  Brentford and Leeds at home, and West Brom and Luton away, we would only have ended up with two points from those four matches. We need much better organisation defensively too. 

54 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I agree but I also worry that signing a striker such as Nketiah is being seen by some on here - I don't mean by you btw, you just happen to be whose post I am replying to as I write this - as a panacea for everything wrong with the squad whereas

b) the best striker in the world still needs chances and we struggle create them

c) even if a proven striker had scored a hat trick against  Brentford and Leeds at home, and West Brom and Luton away, we would only have ended up with two points from those four matches. We need much better organisation defensively too. 

I'm not convinced about Nketiah if I'm honest. Hardly set the world on fire at Leeds. Would rather we were in for someone like Marriott.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Agree with this, the form of a lot of teams really seems to peak and trough, fluctuate quite wildly.

59 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Highlighted by the fact that we concede so many chances.

Archived