IGNORED

3rd Round Ticket Prices

Bristol Rob

53 minutes ago, Super said:

Should be £10 everywhere

I know for a fact that the pricing is the lowest that Shrews would agree to.  Have to remember that they get 45% and therefore need to maximise their earnings. I doubt it would put enough people off to make this the less lucrative option for them.

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I know for a fact that the pricing is the lowest that Shrews would agree to.  Have to remember that they get 45% and therefore need to maximise their earnings. I doubt it would put enough people off to make this the less lucrative option for them.

You’re assuming that higher ticket prices maximises earnings. It doesn’t work like that.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

You’re assuming that higher ticket prices maximises earnings. It doesn’t work like that.

Not assuming anything of the sort.  It's obvious that there will be people who won't attend because of the prices.  I do still believe thought that there won't be a big enough drop compared to the number that would go if it was a tenner to make this the less appealing option for them.  

Realistically we'd have probably had 6/8k for a non-glamour cup tie just after Christmas.  maybe you could knock 1k off that because of the prices.  But the material difference wouldn't have much effect.  Those who can afford a season ticket in the Lansdown probably aren't the type to baulk at an extra £8.  Therefore while it would be nice to be £10/£5 across the board, I can see why Shrews have dug their heels in.

30 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Not doubting you at all, but given the club most likely know fans will moan about these prices, it would be a nice touch if they were adding to the headline news, 'ticket prices aren't entirely in our control and we would have loved to have made them cheaper'.

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not doubting you at all, but given the club most likely know fans will moan about these prices, it would be a nice touch if they were adding to the headline news, 'ticket prices aren't entirely in our control and we would have loved to have made them cheaper'.

I think throwing another club under the bus is a bit prickish in my opinion, just to save a bit of face.  

16 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Bristol city business, not football club. Poor prices but what donwe expect now. As for shrewsburys input, dont be silly

If City wasn't run as both a business and a football club, we'd be either in administration or non-league. I think your issue is more modern football than the way the club is run. 

As another poster stated, the FA Cup ticket prices do have to be agreed by both parties. 

7 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

How much are the tickets for Shrewsbury supporters? Hopefully not £10 while forcing me to pay £15 to sit in my season ticket seat?

There you go, from Shrewsbury’s site

Matchday prices are

Adult - £10

Over 65 - £8

U22 - £8

U19/U12 - £5

And ours

TICKET PRICES*

Family Area/South Stand/Dolman E34

Adults - £10
Over-65 - £8
Under-22 - £8
Under-19/Under-12 - £5

Dolman Stand

Adults - £15
Over-65 - £10
Under-22 - £10
Under-19/Under-12 - £7

Lansdown Stand

Adults - £18
Over-65 - £12
Under-22 - £12
Under-19/Under-12 - £9

*Prices are exclusive of booking fees

I can’t understand why people are moaning. It’s £10 maximum in the South Stand, with discounts for over 65s and under 21s.  In the Dolman is £15 max with similar discounts. I think a lot of people are out of touch with the price of football these days. The match day admission price at Yate Town is £10! The FA Cup match and facilities at Ashton Gate are a lot better value than Yate Town 

32 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I can’t understand why people are moaning. It’s £10 maximum in the South Stand, with discounts for over 65s and under 21s.  In the Dolman is £15 max with similar discounts. I think a lot of people are out of touch with the price of football these days. The match day admission price at Yate Town is £10! The FA Cup match and facilities at Ashton Gate are a lot better value than Yate Town 

Then why not make it £10 everywhere and £5 for kids? Hardly going to cost the club much is it especially as we have 2 home games over xmas

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Then why not make it £10 everywhere and £5 for kids? Hardly going to cost the club much is it especially as we have 2 home games over xmas

The better question is why make it £10 everywhere?  It’s already £10 in certain stands so just sit in those stands if you don’t want to pay anymore.

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

How cheap do people want it?  £10 a ticket is a great price.  If you don’t want to pay more than £10 then just buy a ticket in the £10 stand.  Some people moan for the sake of it, and blame the club for some reason.  

Lets see how many turn up. 7k I reckon.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Lets see how many turn up. 7k I reckon.

You’re probably right about the estimate but I don’t think it’s the price that will dictate the size of the gate. Shrewsbury is not an attractive prospect on a cold January Saturday with a 12.31 kick off, especially after two home games in the preceding week. 

Archived