IGNORED

Johnson pre-Blackburn

Wolf Island

3 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Sounds very down. Injuries, trading players rather than building a squad, underperforming squad players. Worrying if we don’t get a win vs Blackburn with Xmas fixtures and the January window coming up. I wonder if he’s starting to get itchy feet.

We are fourth, i’d be shocked if he had itchy feet. He is probably just playing a bit of a game to get those purse strings open for a striker.

22 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Sounds very down. Injuries, trading players rather than building a squad, underperforming squad players. Worrying if we don’t get a win vs Blackburn with Xmas fixtures and the January window coming up. I wonder if he’s starting to get itchy feet.

Here it is: 

Didn't sound particularly down or worried to me a fairly typical LJ press conference.  Sounds like Massengo may get rested and Weimann will definitely play. ?

On 2:00 minutes he says we can’t afford to gave a dip in the championship - paraphrased that we need to play well to win.  However that is probably the same for 10-12 other teams in this division.  It’s tight, both in terms of points, and team capabilities, apart from the top few, where they have undoubted quality.  But even then we can go to Fulham and beat them.

We are in a great position.  If we were say 8th always playing catch-up, getting there, then dipping again, I’d be worried we aren’t breaking through in our improvement.  However we are on 35 points from 21 games.

Lets hope we see the response we want on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

On 2:00 minutes he says we can’t afford to gave a dip in the championship - paraphrased that we need to play well to win.  However that is probably the same for 10-12 other teams in this division.  It’s tight, both in terms of points, and team capabilities, apart from the top few, where they have undoubted quality.  But even then we can go to Fulham and beat them.

We are in a great position.  If we were say 8th always playing catch-up, getting there, then dipping again, I’d be worried we aren’t breaking through in our improvement.  However we are on 35 points from 21 games.

I really think them losing the goals & energy of Dack could be key.....no free headers for Gallagher please plus no silly freekicks just outside the box for Downing to enjoy!

I'm gona put the curse on now - very winnable.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Double that and win 2 of the last 4 = 76pts which has been good enough in all but 2 of the past 10 seasons.

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I really think them losing the goals & energy of Dack could be key.....no free headers for Gallagher please plus no silly freekicks just outside the box for Downing to enjoy!

I'm gona put the curse on now - very winnable.

Apart from Jed Wallace Millwall's team was uninspiring. Yet they won comfortably. Blackburn just need to copy their 'sit deep' tactics and we'll be stumped again.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Apart from Jed Wallace Millwall's team was uninspiring. Yet they won comfortably. Blackburn just need to copy their 'sit deep' tactics and we'll be stumped again.

TBF I thought they were much more than just a 'sit deep' team. Tactics were good while ours weren't spot on, and too many had an off day again.

My thinking was we would freshen the side up for Millwall , and revert to the side we had at Fulham for this game, so I have no idea what LJ might do fo this. I wonder if he might throw COD in for Weimann and try and really stretch the pitch. Apart from that we go with the same team again and hope for more 8+'s like Vs Huddersfield instead of the 5/6's from Millwall.

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

TBF I thought they were much more than just a 'sit deep' team. Tactics were good while ours weren't spot on, and too many had an off day again.

My thinking was we would freshen the side up for Millwall , and revert to the side we had at Fulham for this game, so I have no idea what LJ might do fo this. I wonder if he might throw COD in for Weimann and try and really stretch the pitch. Apart from that we go with the same team again and hope for more 8+'s like Vs Huddersfield instead of the 5/6's from Millwall.

No... LJ say's Weimann will start.

And rightly so..

3 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

That's exactly what they'll do. Unless we score early, we'll likely struggle all game long. 

Johnson simply cannot work out how to beat a patient, stubborn defence whatever their position in the league. 

22 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Completely different interview to what I heard. He’s explains what and how long it takes to build then rebuild a squad and how it effects how we play. Very interesting tbh 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Agreed. Far from the sit deep Millwall of previous years . They were strong , fit and quick and pressed us a long way up the pitch . Will do well this season if injuries allow . 

15 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Agreed. Far from the sit deep Millwall of previous years . They were strong , fit and quick and pressed us a long way up the pitch . Will do well this season if injuries allow . 

Though I did just see a stat online that said they have averaged the least possession of any Championship side (42%).

For all that though, they did press well- did counter well, actually quite attacking in the first half. Certainly look like more of a footballing side under Rowett- not one that will dominate the ball but more varied than Harris certainly.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Though I did just see a stat online that said they have averaged the least possession of any Championship side (42%).

For all that though, they did press well- did counter well, actually quite attacking in the first half. Certainly look like more of a footballing side under Rowett- not one that will dominate the ball but more varied than Harris certainly.

I was impressed with how they shaped up in possession. 3 forwards seemed to pull left and drag Rowe in, left space for Romeo (?) to bomb into. Very quick to get back into shape and pressed well. 

I can't make today. 

Although I've missed just a handful of home games in the last 2 years, I've only seen us win twice I think. 

Bound to win. 

FACT FOR THE DAY: If I turn up my stereo to 3 at home today, it will be louder than the atmosphere Ashton Gate. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I can't make today. 

Although I've missed just a handful of home games in the last 2 years, I've only seen us win twice I think. 

Bound to win. 

FACT FOR THE DAY: If I turn up my stereo to 3 at home today, it will be louder than the atmosphere Ashton Gate. 

You want to get that stereo ( haven't heard that word for years) checked out? Doesnt sound like it works properly. 1 should manage that!!!

On 12/12/2019 at 21:26, Hare Island said:

Literally no idea how you got this from listening to the same recording as me. I think he was just being honest whilst suggesting that they need more quality this Jan.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

You want to get that stereo ( haven't heard that word for years) checked out? Doesnt sound like it works properly. 1 should manage that!!!

It doesn't go from 0-10. Its measured in decibels on mine. 

So 3 decibels. That's pretty bloody quiet. 

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

I dont know why I'm laughing. God I miss the good old days. 

I know I'm well off-topic, but quality audio gear can be had for very little (and a lot). 

You'll never regret buying some new gear, putting on the old tunes and switching that TV off. 

And if you change your mind you can sell it and get your money back. 

www.ebay.co.uk ?

Archived