IGNORED

Medical advice needed

BigTone

10 hours ago, BigTone said:

I have recently been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I lose feeling in my hands all the time because of it. Dr says I need surgery asap to fix the problem. Has anyone else had this ? If so does the surgery work ?

This fella had the surgery, doesn't say much about the actual procedure, but it seems fair to say that he has more than maintained his dexterity in his hands, just in case you were worried.

• Admin
11 hours ago, BigTone said:

I have recently been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I lose feeling in my hands all the time because of it. Dr says I need surgery asap to fix the problem. Has anyone else had this ? If so does the surgery work ?

As scary as surgery is sometimes, CTS won't get any better without treatment - assume you have used a splint?

Short term pain having the operation will mean a much more comfortable later life

57 minutes ago, phantom said:

As scary as surgery is sometimes, CTS won't get any better without treatment - assume you have used a splint?

Short term pain having the operation will mean a much more comfortable later life

Not worried about the surgery as I've had much worse. Just wondered if others have had it done and if it worked. Thanks for your advice.

21 hours ago, BigTone said:

Tone, isn’t this a symptom of repetitive hand / wrist movement?

I shan’t ask you how you acquired your injury ?

18 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Tone.. 

My Mrs had both done over a 5 month period, in Weston Hospital, just a local anaesthetic when your admitted as a day patient.. 

Both ops a success... 

I was told it was just a day job. Good to hear it was successful. Thanks.

Getting my knees done in Feb also closely followed by this. Ain't getting old grand !!

Archived