IGNORED

LJs Checklist For A Championship Win

Maldini

4 hours ago, Roe said:

The "if you start Eliasson you effectively start 1-0 down so he needs to create two goals to make it worthwhile" comment was bizarre, even if there may be some logic behind it.

It's a good job Eliasson creates 2 goals a game then!

I have a horrible feeling the tombola machine will be out tomorrow.

Tuesday was poor, last Saturday was anything but - however I think there will be a load of changes.

Lee needs to get the fact that we must stick with the best eleven regardless of the opposition.

He thinks he is too clever by half a lot of the time.

12 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I have a horrible feeling the tombola machine will be out tomorrow.

Tuesday was poor, last Saturday was anything but - however I think there will be a load of changes.

Lee needs to get the fact that we must stick with the best eleven regardless of the opposition.

He thinks he is too clever by half a lot of the time.

Maybe, as a manager who keeps improving us despite selling players, he actually knows what he’s doing. 

8 hours ago, boadle said:

Can someone explain to me how this works? How is the tracking during a game achieved? Are the players wearing those chest monitors, or is it all based on cameras? Are we then reliant on the Fulham (or whoever) to provide us with the data? What system are we using?

I reckon because Fulham have redevelopments going on they can’t provide  the technology for those chest monitors to be recorded... just my opinion!! Shame that they could provide those bl**dy clappy things though !! 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I took his interview as more - “here’s the things I have to consider, it’s not just a simple pick of one to eleven”.

If you take it all too literally there are contradictions in there.

I bet he’d like to play Taylor Moore tomorrow, give us better passing out from the back.  Then you consider how that might backfire if Blackburn pick Sam Gallagher.  Neither Williams or Moore would win much in the air, so that comes into your thinking.

Thats just an example.

Yes, but do we want to be building our game (at home) around worrying about Sam Gallagher or do we want to be on the front foot using our ball playing CB (who isn’t bad in the air tbf)? 

LJ is a classic over thinker that’s too insecure to get his team to play with aggression, it’s annoying/boring. 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Yes, but do we want to be building our game (at home) around worrying about Sam Gallagher or do we want to be on the front foot using our ball playing CB (who isn’t bad in the air tbf)? 

LJ is too insecure to get his team to play with aggression, it’s annoying/boring.

Don’t disagree, just saying that there are many considerations.  Lee might think “without Dack, I can really go for it tomorrow”.

I’d like to see Moore tomorrow (if I was going!!!).

If we were to forever go with taller centre backs to deal with big strikers, then Taylor Moore will hardly ever play! He is 6 foot anyway, which is not the tallest, but he has decent strength and will only get stronger, and gets up pretty well.

Leeds played against Hull with White (6 foot 1) and Beraldi (5 foot 10) against Tom Eaves and Jackson Irvine in number 10 role, who are both big and strong.

Leeds won and kept a clean sheet.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Johnson has hit the nail on the head as to why I sit through most home games bored beyond belief. Weimann a guaranteed starter 100% and Eliasson not says it all for me about the overly tactical sleep inducing football down the Gate.

Interesting that Johnson said Weimann isn't the best technically. Something I have been saying for a long time. I am interested to see how we'd play without Weimann in the side sometimes.

Surely what a player can do on the ball has to matter as much as work rate, especially at home. He was so poor on Tuesday. Johnson admitting he isn't that good on the ball surely tells us he has to be droppable.

People defending him were saying 'well everyone was poor.' 

Well over the 90 I can say positive things about many of them once we got going. Weimann was poor for the whole 90 imo.

A lot of passive aggressive johnson bashing from what i thought was quite an inciteful listen. It's not often you hear a manager reveal as much. With the rates in which we are shipping and scoring goals I do see the logic in being hesitant to play 442 and include Eliasson. But his creativity has been undeniable. I think we may stick with it against blackburn, but see Smith and Periera on for Massengo and Hunt - both of which were pretty wasteful in the week.

2 hours ago, Just8 said:

A lot of passive aggressive johnson bashing from what i thought was quite an inciteful listen. It's not often you hear a manager reveal as much. With the rates in which we are shipping and scoring goals I do see the logic in being hesitant to play 442 and include Eliasson. But his creativity has been undeniable. I think we may stick with it against blackburn, but see Smith and Periera on for Massengo and Hunt - both of which were pretty wasteful in the week.

I'm criticising him for his unwillingness to pick our most creative player.  I cannot fathom the logic behind not picking him.  If LJ finds himself in his stated selection quandry due to a lack of height then that is entirely his fault.  He's been the manager for 4 years now.  I find it depressing to think that he may include Bailey Wright and drop Eliasson for a home game against Blackburn. 

2 hours ago, Just8 said:

Agree.  If he’d have said the same after Fulham, the reaction would be different.

23 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I'm criticising him for his unwillingness to pick our most creative player.  I cannot fathom the logic behind not picking him.  If LJ finds himself in his stated selection quandry due to a lack of height then that is entirely his fault.  He's been the manager for 4 years now.  I find it depressing to think that he may include Bailey Wright and drop Eliasson for a home game against Blackburn. 

We are doing very well with what Johnson is doing. It’s not as if he’s leaving out Messi !

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

We are doing very well with what Johnson is doing. It’s not as if he’s leaving out Messi !

He's the closest we have to a Messi though.

Leave him out then, but do you reckon he's likely to be needed IF we go behind in the game?

I think it's probably a yes on that one.

Starting the game 0-1 if he plays, or whatever he said, was ******* bullshit.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He's the closest we have to a Messi though.

Leave him out then, but do you reckon he's likely to be needed IF we go behind in the game?

I think it's probably a yes on that one.

Starting the game 0-1 if he plays, or whatever he said, was ******* bullshit.

Think that bit was just poorly communicated

Archived