IGNORED

PDC world darts

Super

On 14/01/2020 at 07:28, CyderInACan said:

BDO seem to have well and truly naused this up. 

Reading on the BBC website Wayne Warren picked up a winners cheque for £23,000 with Jim Williams who was runner only pocketed £10,000. Compare that to what Peter Wright picked up £500,000. Even Fallon Sherrock picked up £25,000. Sad times for the BDO.

Edited by Corsham Ed

• Admin

Interesting interview on sky saying they're hoping for the tier rating to come down again in 9 days.

Obviously tiers being reviewed Wednesday and announced Thursday, originally they were to be reviewed weekly, but pretty quickly this was changed to a review every fortnight. 

Have they changed it back to weekly reviews every Wednesday again? 

• Admin
On 20/12/2020 at 19:52, Robbored said:

Good to see Ryan Searle a local(ish) player get through tonight, took full advantage of his opponent missing so many doubles.

Can see him winning it tho...................:cool2:

If the bookies was open I’d pop in and put a tenner on Aspinall.

Online betting?

Screenshot_20201222-111703_Sky Bet.jpg

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Price scrapes through. Does he thrive off being the crowd villain and can’t deal with silence?

Also as they have options for crowd or no crowd noise, maybe they could have one to turn off Mardle as well? 

Both Ryan and Gerwyn have entered the tournament we run in Weston in the past, I can always remember meeting Gerwyn for the first time and thought this guy is more likely to start a fight than play a game of darts, but he channels his aggression into his darts. 

Sadly for Ryan he will always be remembered for his "cheating" in a BDO contest (PS wish he would sort his hair out)

There are a few that seem to play better without the crowd, and on the flip side those that don't raise their game without one

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Online betting?

Screenshot_20201222-111703_Sky Bet.jpg

Both Ryan and Gerwyn have entered the tournament we run in Weston in the past, I can always remember meeting Gerwyn for the first time and thought this guy is more likely to start a fight than play a game of darts, but he channels his aggression into his darts. 

Sadly for Ryan he will always be remembered for his "cheating" in a BDO contest (PS wish he would sort his hair out)

There are a few that seem to play better without the crowd, and on the flip side those that don't raise their game without one

No surprise not to Ryan Searle in the betting. 

I put a tenner on Nathan Aspinall last year to win it. He’s got good odds this time around. I quite like ‘Bully Boy’ Smith as well.

As for Gerwyn Price - he acts like aggressive bully and I want him to lose every time he plays.

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Never liked Lewis but at his very best 2011-2012 he was incredible. His demise has been pretty bad even despite a reasonable year prior to the worlds. Saw the flash of his old self in that third set but it was all too little 

Yep.....during the third set I was dreading Lewis coming back after he’d pulled out some pretty good darts but delighted he got stuffed.