IGNORED

PDC world darts

Super

• Admin
35 minutes ago, phantom said:

Having met both players on more than one occasion I can confirm they are just as bad in the flesh. 

Another I'd add to that list is James Wade, he's a complete bell end.

On the flipside Phil Taylor was always a decent bloke and Dave Chisnall is a top bloke too

Ah well, I’ll change my opinion of Price from not liking his persona, to thinking he is an arrogant twat..... ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin

It could be an interesting couple of months with what happens with darts in general

There are stories that the BDO is on the verge of collapsing, I was told that people are waiting weeks for prize money (£250) as there was insufficient cash flow to pay everyone

I see this morning they have come out and said only 15% of tickets have been sold for the upcoming tournament and as a result income was down 85%

I have a feeling the people applying to join the PDC Q school may increase somewhat after this news

• Admin
1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

At least you got a good run for your money. 

Can't see MVG Hitting a 9 dart in the final, but you never know.. 

Hate to say, but that seems to be his preferred way at the moment

Guess he is much more confident aiming down that way

Still wouldn't throw away your betting slip just yet

• Admin
1 hour ago, phantom said:

Hate to say, but that seems to be his preferred way at the moment

Guess he is much more confident aiming down that way

Still wouldn't throw away your betting slip just yet

Fallon Sherrock has pulled out of next weeks BDO competition now due to "unexpected changes" to the event

Her raise to fame in the Ally Pally competition would surely have added ticket sales etc to the BDO competition?

At least she can concentrate now on playing in the PDC Q school which starts again in January and get her Q card into the tournaments like all the other female players

15 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Ah well, I’ll change my opinion of Price from not liking his persona, to thinking he is an arrogant twat..... ?

Interesting Price has come out this afternoon and apologised to Peter Wright, I wonder how much them being under the same sports management company had to play in that decision?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Fallon Sherrock has pulled out of next weeks BDO competition now due to "unexpected changes" to the event

Her raise to fame in the Ally Pally competition would surely have added ticket sales etc to the BDO competition?

At least she can concentrate now on playing in the PDC Q school which starts again in January and get her Q card into the tournaments like all the other female players

Interesting Price has come out this afternoon and apologised to Peter Wright, I wonder how much them being under the same sports management company had to play in that decision?

No doubt about it. Though Wright is apparently one of the few players who doesn't think he's a complete bellpiece, so maybe he thought he'd better try and retain some friends at least.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

This is a complete balls-up, do you think it's the change of venue? 

Suppose it’s because he’s now 20th in rankings and has only 1 years prize fund to reach there. Keep going as he is will be about 5 in rankings end of year for has no money to protect all a free year for him. 

Barry Hearn also said he had reached 3 semi finals last year and if he had played as PDC not BDO at Grand Slam would be top 16 now.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Hearn knows how to get the money in - same with Fallon getting a chance. 

He'll be picking up the BDO out of administration in the next few weeks no doubt. 

Problem he has with Fallon is she hasn’t got a tour card so she has to accept wildcards or qualify. If she enters Q school and gets her card I am sure he would make a fortune for himself and her. 

For a long time the BDO slagged the PDC for what they did, then the prize money in the pdc over took the BDO, then almost every year the BDO world champ immediately switched. Then the BBC dropped em, Channel 4 stepped in, then they dropped em. As you said the stupid final move was for the BDO to drop lakeside. 

The current state of the BDO was the prediction of the original 16 if nothing changed. They didn't change so guess what... 

The PDC are very at what they do. The BDO are very bad at what they do

• Like 2